Board logo

DVLA number plate
cd.thomson - 1/8/12 at 05:17 PM

fairly sure I'm answering my own question here but here goes:

sent off a v55/x for registration of a used motor vehicle I.e. my dax rush. In return DVLA have sent me a tax disc and permission to print new plates for the original sierra reg, no new V5 or vehicle check and mytextcheck shows that reg as a sierra.

Has something gone wrong? if so what would you recommend, as DVLA are very hard to talk to..

coozer - 1/8/12 at 05:28 PM

Take the bits into the office and ask for clarification pointing out the error before they fine you for something , or other..

cd.thomson - 1/8/12 at 05:33 PM

they've also eaten my IVA pass form and the sierras V5.. this is going to turn into major hassle, I can smell it!

adithorp - 1/8/12 at 07:48 PM

"...sent off a v55/x for registration of a used motor vehicle I.e. my dax rush..."

I may have missed something here, but...
Is this to register a newly built/IVA'd car? If so you've used the wrong form. It's not a used car but a new car built with parts from a donor vehicle. Should be v55/4 or v55/5 (ones for built with donor bits and the other is built with new bits but I can't remember which way around).

cd.thomson - 1/8/12 at 07:59 PM

yes it was the V55/5 or 4, I just put X because I couldn't remember the actual digit.. demo right form though

adithorp - 1/8/12 at 08:10 PM

In that case they've screwed up! You need to get onto them and get it sorted.

iank - 1/8/12 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Take the bits into the office and ask for clarification pointing out the error before they fine you for something , or other..

+1

It's definitely wrong. I'd phone Swansea and ask them to get it fixed.
Losing the IVA pass form isn't the end of the road as VOSA can issue another for an admin fee. If you kept a photocopy of everything you sent it might make things easier if they continue being numpties.

cd.thomson - 2/8/12 at 08:20 PM

thanks guys, went in today and all sorted in 10 minutes. new plates issued and printed up, no home check and V5 by the end of next week .

Now officially road legal.. bruum