Petemate - 17/11/04 at 10:24 PM

MRSA?

mangogrooveworkshop - 17/11/04 at 10:24 PM

http://www.pbrc.hawaii.edu/bemf/microangela/index.html

Cracking good creepy site

Thats BLOOD !

[Edited on 17-11-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

mookaloid - 17/11/04 at 10:54 PM

Never mind the picture, wtf is the avatar?

Mark

JoelP - 17/11/04 at 10:55 PM

red blood cells!

Peteff - 18/11/04 at 12:31 AM

Red corpuscles or erythrocites, a red blood cell; found in blood, lacks a nucleus, and contains the red pigment haemoglobin.

krlthms - 18/11/04 at 01:14 AM

A picture of human red blood cells (most likely) taken with a scanning electron microscope (SEM). They are mammalian because they don't have nuclei; cells from reptiles and birds are nucleated. Their size, around 7 micron across is spot on for humans. Lastely, it is very easy to get human samples ;-). They are taken with SEM because you can see a 3D picture, rather than a section if it was a transmission electron micrograph. And the resolution is far better than you would be able to see with a light microscope. Also, the high voltage on the picture indicates that it is EM. What you see is actually a heavy metal "ghost" that has been deposited on the cells in vacuum (sputter coating). So the red "color" is actually "pseudo" converted from an intensity map. Cute.

philgregson - 18/11/04 at 10:56 AM

So what you are trying to say then, is that you don't really know.

Phil

krlthms - 19/11/04 at 03:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by philgregson
So what you are trying to say then, is that you don't really know.

Phil

You gotta hedge in this day and age; there is far too much certainty about!
Do you think I got carried away in the previous discription; I am learning to type. I have just found the key for the semi colon
Cheers
Karl