Board logo

sting - 20/9/02 at 11:55 AM

Hi All

Hopefully going to stuart taylors next week to order up a chassis using a zx9 engine.
Any suggestions on what to purchase to get me started .Anything to beware of .
Reading thru other posts you guys have some fantastic knowledge and seem to be friendly.
Any help greatly recieved will be posting quite a lot.
Kind Regards
Sting

Jon Ison - 20/9/02 at 04:10 PM

welcome............

chrisg - 20/9/02 at 05:21 PM

"Any suggestions on what to purchase to get me started .Anything to beware of . "

Um..........Stuart Taylor??

Cheers

Chris

Jon Ison - 20/9/02 at 06:59 PM

i half posted that chris, then stoped, yeah beware......

Jasper - 20/9/02 at 07:14 PM

Seconded on the warning - his stuff may be ok but he certainly isn't cheap. For instance I needed a prop adapter, £80 from him, exactly the same from MK £50. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either.... but that's only my opinion, Wouldn't want your name to become what happens to you!!!

Most of the things he sells can be made up for a fraction of the price, I've made up my own engine mountings for my ZX9R which are very similar to his which cost around £60-80 from memory, for about £3 in steel....The flash ST expansion box for the rad which is lots of money too can be replaced by a plastic one from the scrappiest for about 50p....

If you've got no time and lots of cash then he's a good one stop shop, but if your prepared to be a bit more ingenious then you will save ££££££££.

Anyway saying that I bought my exhaust manifold from him which he had on the shelf and nobody else did, and it seems well made and was the same price as everybody else. Shop around.....

Good to see another Ninja man on the list, welcome.

Wadders - 20/9/02 at 10:22 PM

. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either....

But at least when the phone rings at Stuart Taylor, somebody answers it!!!

Alan B - 21/9/02 at 02:29 AM

quote:
. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either....

But at least when the phone rings at Stuart Taylor, somebody answers it!!!

What MaKes you say that

Wadders - 21/9/02 at 08:40 AM

What MaKes you say that

Its just a fact!

sting - 21/9/02 at 08:46 AM

Thanks for the welcome Guys

mmm!
So what are you guys running should i be looking at mk? my budget is @ £6k mark for irs,zx9 engine, rear discs with 4x4 lsd. I have the time but lack engineering equipment ie welding etc.
After looking at westfield (too expensive)and tigers (avon seems not to be of that good a quality)i opted for stuart taylor as they have a proven race pedigree, being an ex single seater racer it seemed the logical choice?

Kind Regards (if a little confused )

Sting