Board logo

How difficult is it to push at BEC up an inclline?
JekRankin - 21/5/18 at 07:20 PM

I'm moving my car to a new lock up shortly.

The car will need to be reversed into the lock-up due to the approach angle, but there's a small incline to contend with at the entrance - probably only a 60-70mm high, over a distance of 1m or so.

I guess I won't know until I try.... but what's the chances I'll manage to push the Fury up this? I was unable to do so with my mk1 MX5 (1050kgs approx.) so I am a little concerned!

Jek

CosKev3 - 21/5/18 at 07:26 PM

The fury should be about half the weight!

But it still won't be easy if it's 70mm over a mtr IMO

But saying that if you can get a bit of a run up that helps massively I've found pushing mine about

ian locostzx9rc2 - 21/5/18 at 07:27 PM

I could easy push my car and bike engined strikers up the ramps of my trailer so it shouldn’t be an issue .

avagolen - 21/5/18 at 07:36 PM

Hi Jek,

I push mine into the garage most times. Small incline but not that steep .
Can you push the roll bar? If not it that could be a challenge. If it is too difficult, how about a 12 volt winch and a battery just to pull it In?
All the best.

Len.

JekRankin - 21/5/18 at 07:54 PM

Haha, yep the Fury will only be 450kg or thereabouts...

Len, that's a great idea. I will be able to push against the roll bar, but if I struggle on my own, I'll take a look at a winch....

Cheers,
Jek

Angel Acevedo - 22/5/18 at 04:30 AM

A two to one or three to one pulley arrangement may do it for you...
Resetting it may be a nuissance...
But Locost... And free to run...

jelly head - 22/5/18 at 07:14 AM

If you're able to rather than just pushing, roll a tyre/wheel with your hand, it will give you much more leverage.

adithorp - 22/5/18 at 07:32 AM

Shouldn't be s problem. I push mine up similar dppoe onto ramp at work. I can do steeper onto trailer, though that's close to the limit so tend to get help.

Phil.J - 22/5/18 at 09:11 AM

Just fit a cheap manual winch at the rear of the garage and it will be a simple job to pull it in.

loggyboy - 22/5/18 at 09:41 AM

I move my tintops that cant move under their own steam using a chock and a large breaker bar turning against the hub nut. Makes it a 1 man job done in stages. Just make sure you arent undoing and check them before you next use the car if your concerned they may have loosened/over tightened.

nick205 - 22/5/18 at 03:34 PM

2 men should push the kit easy enough - finding somewhere to push might be harder work as GRP bodywork won't like it.

[Edited on 22/5/18 by nick205]

MikeR - 22/5/18 at 06:03 PM

Keep wheel chocks handy. Hate for it to roll forwards if you slip etc.

Angel Acevedo - 22/5/18 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Keep wheel chocks handy. Hate for it to roll forwards if you slip etc.

Pulling towards the wall takes care of this..