Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie
sting

posted on 20/9/02 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote

Hi All

Hopefully going to stuart taylors next week to order up a chassis using a zx9 engine.
Any suggestions on what to purchase to get me started .Anything to beware of .
Reading thru other posts you guys have some fantastic knowledge and seem to be friendly.
Any help greatly recieved will be posting quite a lot.
Kind Regards
Sting

Jon Ison

posted on 20/9/02 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
welcome............

chrisg

posted on 20/9/02 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
"Any suggestions on what to purchase to get me started .Anything to beware of . "

Um..........Stuart Taylor??

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Jon Ison

posted on 20/9/02 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
i half posted that chris, then stoped, yeah beware......

Jasper

posted on 20/9/02 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Seconded on the warning - his stuff may be ok but he certainly isn't cheap. For instance I needed a prop adapter, £80 from him, exactly the same from MK £50. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either.... but that's only my opinion, Wouldn't want your name to become what happens to you!!!

Most of the things he sells can be made up for a fraction of the price, I've made up my own engine mountings for my ZX9R which are very similar to his which cost around £60-80 from memory, for about £3 in steel....The flash ST expansion box for the rad which is lots of money too can be replaced by a plastic one from the scrappiest for about 50p....

If you've got no time and lots of cash then he's a good one stop shop, but if your prepared to be a bit more ingenious then you will save ££££££££.

Anyway saying that I bought my exhaust manifold from him which he had on the shelf and nobody else did, and it seems well made and was the same price as everybody else. Shop around.....

Good to see another Ninja man on the list, welcome.

Wadders

posted on 20/9/02 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either....

But at least when the phone rings at Stuart Taylor, somebody answers it!!!

Alan B

posted on 21/9/02 at 02:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
. He's doesn't seem to be interested in talking unless he's taking your money either....

But at least when the phone rings at Stuart Taylor, somebody answers it!!!

What MaKes you say that

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wadders

posted on 21/9/02 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
What MaKes you say that

Its just a fact!

sting

posted on 21/9/02 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome Guys

mmm!
So what are you guys running should i be looking at mk? my budget is @ £6k mark for irs,zx9 engine, rear discs with 4x4 lsd. I have the time but lack engineering equipment ie welding etc.
After looking at westfield (too expensive)and tigers (avon seems not to be of that good a quality)i opted for stuart taylor as they have a proven race pedigree, being an ex single seater racer it seemed the logical choice?

Kind Regards (if a little confused )

Sting

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.