Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The answer is P*ss off. what is the question.
femster87

posted on 16/9/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
LMAO, that would learn you to remove kit car from anything when buying parts or requesting services. Had too much garages turndown work when u mention what u fitting it into. why i don know.
JoelP

posted on 16/9/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
are you sure he didnt misunderstand you? If he didnt like kit cars he would surely have just said 'thats not our thing' or something, to say pisss off he must have thought you were having a laugh? Surely?!

I would DEFINATELY have called back just to be sure, and recorded the call for management to hear.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

l0rd

posted on 16/9/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Probably he is a numpty and doesn't know that kit cars have bike engines in them.

Second of all, I would suggest every locost member to spent 3 minutes of their life, to ring the named kawasaki dealer and ask for the oddest things they can think off and just before they pay, hang up.

PSpirine

posted on 16/9/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'd just call them up again, and ask to speak to the manager, tell him what happened. They can be quite helpful sometimes!

Record the conversation.

If he's a rude bast as well, then simply send in a recording of the conversation with a letter to Kawasaki UK. They'll sort them out quick.

BobM

posted on 17/9/10 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
Not condoning the rudeness but I'm guessing a few bikers resent the death of a motorcycle to provide a power plant for one of our beasties. I'm guessing also when we buy our donor engines we don't usually know what happened to the original bike's owner when the machine got written off.

Not very Locost but very BEC

boggle

posted on 17/9/10 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
and thats why ebay can be a good thing

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

coyoteboy

posted on 17/9/10 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Not condoning the rudeness but I'm guessing a few bikers resent the death of a motorcycle to provide a power plant for one of our beasties. I'm guessing also when we buy our donor engines we don't usually know what happened to the original bike's owner when the machine got written off.

I realise you know this but I'll rant anyway - that's utterly irrelevant. Resenting the "death of a motorcycle" is childish stupidity to its highest form, and being unhappy that someones possibly died before you got their engine is also a complete lack of ability to use common sense. If people like that ruled the world Bush would be honoured as cheif of Mensa.

40inches

posted on 17/9/10 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobM

So if a biker needs an engine he will buy new, rather than a "tainted" engine from a wreck?
Totally illogical, but you may be correct

RK

posted on 18/9/10 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
I went into a bike shop once:

"Do you have any oil coolers I could buy?" Answer: "No"

My Reply: "Do you know where I might be able to find one?"

Him: "yes, right out that door"

Are they all c****s, or what? Sorry, been hanging around Scottish f'u'ball s'po't'rrs.

BobM

posted on 18/9/10 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:

I realise you know this but I'll rant anyway - that's utterly irrelevant. Resenting the "death of a motorcycle" is childish stupidity to its highest form, and being unhappy that someones possibly died before you got their engine is also a complete lack of ability to use common sense. If people like that ruled the world Bush would be honoured as cheif of Mensa.
I think the words "I'm guessing" are the clue that that isn't my own view! Otherwise I probably wouldn't sleep cos of having 2 Busa engines and a ZX10 engine in my garage currently

I was merely suggesting one possible explanation for the. attitude. Fortunately my local dealers have been fine when I've wanted parts.

Not very Locost but very BEC

Davegtst

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
My local Suzuki dealer was very helpful. He took the wee a bit to start with but then realising his joke didn't go down very well he sorted himself out and became very helpful. By the time we had finished he was one of the best parts guys i have ever dealt with. Might be due to giving him my business credit card though so he knew i was in the motor trade. Name and shame him to his boss.
jossey

posted on 20/9/10 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
some funny idea's all and feedback and funny stuff.

well its over and done with now.

i will make sure that everyone i know doesnt use them in future.

is a pain in arse too cos they are local.

think im going to make a site simular to theirs and make it just say dont use them. and get higher in the search engines than them.

and put a note why i done it lol

dave j

some people are div's

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 20/9/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had the complete opposite experiance when I went to my Locoal Yamaha dealer (Alf England in Bedworth). They couldn't help me enough when I went in to get some engine mounting bolts. I explained what I had and what I was doing. They have also said that if I have any issues what so ever they will be more than happy to help. The mounting bolts I needed were given to me FOC.......so they are not all the same.

Pete.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.