New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best motor ?
Bertie basset

posted on 24/8/02 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Best motor ?

to fit to a BEC 7 ?

Jim

posted on 24/8/02 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
The fireblade is a popular option. They do not tend to need a dry sump kit as Hyabusa does. After talking to several people using them they seem to be almost bullet proof. Building two Mk's both with fireblades.
Jon Ison

posted on 24/8/02 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
pre 95 blades are pretty cheap, very tunable and don't bost, probably got a complete R1 bike coming up, written off but complete with all the nice BEC bits, any takers, wots it worth, if it was a Blade i'd keep the motor myself, its a M8's, 3rd party only job, so its all legal ect....not seen it yet, (since the prang) so can't report fully on condition.

Jasper

posted on 24/8/02 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Avoid blackirds as well unless they're dry sumped (£1k+), and even then a few have been going bang recently, oil delivery problem to No3 cylinder allegedly. I'm using a ZX9R, less common than Blade, apparently proving reliable though, slightly more power than standard blade (not Jon's!) and possibly lighter, though I'm not sure on that one...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.