Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 919 choke adjustment!! Help needed.
fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
919 choke adjustment!! Help needed.

Can anyone scan the page (if you have the manual) showing 'How to adjust' the choke on the 919 lump?
Ive noticed that since the weather is getting colder (use the Mk Indy at the weekends) it is getting harder to fire up..
I presume the automatic choke is not working as it should be so looking to see what adjusted or maintance can be done..
Cheers; Steve

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 4/12/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Do they have an auto choke?

All the carb blade engines I have seen have had choke cables, the moment the engine starts you shove it in or they flood.

If you look along the top of the carbs there is a long thin pair of plates, these lift little plungers on the carbs, cable attaches at the end. I expect your carbs have this removed so you will just have the tops of the plungers.

Regards Mark

[Edited on 4/12/11 by mark chandler]

r1_pete

posted on 4/12/11 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
My RRV Fireblade had a manual choke, have you checked the carbs for the 3rd cable fitting??
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Defo no extra cable sitting in the car... Cant ecall seeing after cable on the carbs either!!! I will pop out and have a little look..

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..

mark chandler

posted on 4/12/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
919 choke
919 choke

regards Mark

fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I will post a pic of what I have just taken in my album.. Still cant work out how to post a pic on a post...

Jon Ison

posted on 4/12/11 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
You have a manual choke, it's a long slider in-between the rocker cover and carbs, the cable will fit towards the front of the car and pull it forwards, the whole thing from memory will move less than an inch
fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Simply when you search How to post a pic..
Description
Description

[Edited on 4/12/11 by fullpint]

Jon Ison

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
1st photo, see the cross head screw that goes though the slotted hole ? The bit with the slotted hole operates your choke, it will run full length of all 4 carbs and slide towards the front of your car to operate as a choke, go look see it should slide.
fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
1st photo, see the cross head screw that goes though the slotted hole ? The bit with the slotted hole operates your choke, it will run full length of all 4 carbs and slide towards the front of your car to operate as a choke, go look see it should slide.

EXCELLENT mate. Ok after a wiggle I got it to slide. Needs a little WD40 I think. Works a treat.
Best I pop a post in the wanted section now for a choke cable..
Great forum. Cheers guys.. At least next weekend I can just lift the bonnet, slide the choke and away I go

Davg

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Simples !

fit a choke cable, your other engine picture in archive shows there is no choke cable fitted.

cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------

fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Simples now. Next step is to get one fitted..

Jon Ison

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Just a word of caution, use it sparingly, wet plugs is the last thing you want, a bog STD push pull choke cable will be fine, use a electrical chocolate block to connect it to the carbs,
fullpint

posted on 4/12/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
I prefer manual choke set-up. All my bikes were manual. Had a few cars with auto set-up and I converted them to manual. You know were you are with them!!

fullpint

posted on 11/12/11 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Ok got my self a mini pull and twist choke cable but I still need that little clamp thingy to hold the cable in place!!! Has any one got one I can buy or advise on how to hold the outer cable with out preventing the inner cable from moving???

r1_pete

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Do you mean something like the photo below, if so I think I have one, let me know and I'll have a scout round, they aren't expensive though..

adjusters
adjusters

fullpint

posted on 11/12/11 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Nope.... I will try my luck at taking a photo and adding an arrow to where the problem is...

fullpint

posted on 11/12/11 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if you guys can make out what Im asking for!!
Can you see the little thread? I need the part that goes here. Ok the screw I expect I can find one..

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 11/12/11 by fullpint]

Andy B

posted on 11/12/11 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Got the bit you need here, send me an address and I will send you the clamp
Regards
Andy

fullpint

posted on 11/12/11 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Topman, u2u just sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.