Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC - what to look out for
chutley

posted on 7/6/15 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
BEC - what to look out for

Looking to purchase a BEC. Something like an MNR Vortx or MK Indy. I know this will have been done to death, but would appreciate some pointers as to what to look out for when buying second hand.

How do you put a value on a kit build car? I do feel vey naive on how much one of these cars are worth - buyers sucker waiting to be fleeced!

kingster996

posted on 7/6/15 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
How long is a bit of string I'm afraid!

Kit car values depend on type of kit, quality of build & components and specification.

Some engines are more desirable too typically the hayabusa will be more expensive than a blackbird and a blade or r1 somewhere in between.

As for bec kits Westfield will be top end usually and MK lower with MNR in between. That doesn't mean one will be guaranteed to be better as that depends on build and spec. And I'm not saying mk are low quality just lower price than westfield for example.

So it's difficult to put a price on it.

I'd say £4k bottom end, £8k for a decent one and £12 to £15k for a nice one. But you can easily spend more if it's something special.

Things to look for:

Quality components: nice seats, harnesses, instruments, wheels, lsd, shocks, exhaust.

Quality of finish: tidy wiring, neat fuel lines, clean edges, quality trim and fixings

Cleanliness: shows it is looked after and allows you to see fit and fittings as above

Build log: fully itemised build record with photos and history of engine etc.

Bodging : none!

[Edited on 7/6/15 by kingster996]

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

kj

posted on 7/6/15 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Where you in the UK. You could buy a cec and convert it. I did that,.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.