Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megajolt tps issue
bikecarbfred

posted on 20/7/20 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
megajolt tps issue

When you set TPS caliberation . Does it automatically WRITE and FLASH the controller?

My TPS isnt smooth through the range when driving. like feels abit erratic/jumpy on feather accelerator pedal.

Irony

posted on 21/7/20 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
It has been a couple of years since I worked on my megavolt system. However you should certainly try looking at the Autosportlabs website.

https://www.autosportlabs.com

SPYDER

posted on 21/7/20 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Fred. I made and fitted a larger throttle cable quadrant to my ITBs to help with the jumpy/erratic issue. I also offset it to give a progressive, rising rate action. The spindle centreline is on the red dot.

bikecarbfred

posted on 21/7/20 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
you using megajolt spyder?
When you caliberate it does it auto flash the controller or did you write it in, then flash.

SPYDER

posted on 21/7/20 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Not using MJ I'm afraid. I'm on Megasquirt MS2.
mcerd1

posted on 21/7/20 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bikecarbfred
My TPS isnt smooth through the range when driving. like feels abit erratic/jumpy on feather accelerator pedal.

What version of megajolt and the software have you got ?

can't you connect it up to you PC and verify the TPS reading while you press the accelerator pedal (at least that would eliminate a few things)

-

paulf

posted on 21/7/20 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
A long time since i did anything with megajolts but if you did the throttle calibration it autosaved and then you should see the top and bottom tps figures that should line up with your map settings if not correct then the map will need adjusting.
Paul

bikecarbfred

posted on 29/3/21 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
right the problem abit better explained below;

while car is driving with megajolt running at the same time on the laptop. it is all over the place and jerky.

And on neutral gear, car still, the tps does not move.

The only time the TPS acts properly is when the car is switched off and then it is nice and smooth on the megajolt software.

robertst

posted on 30/3/21 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bikecarbfred
right the problem abit better explained below;

while car is driving with megajolt running at the same time on the laptop. it is all over the place and jerky.

And on neutral gear, car still, the tps does not move.

The only time the TPS acts properly is when the car is switched off and then it is nice and smooth on the megajolt software.

Check your wiring. If it acts that way when the engine is running and works fine when the engine is off it could be a ground issue or some other interference. I had a similar problem with mine, but it turned out to be the tps connector that was wonky.

Tom

bikecarbfred

posted on 10/4/21 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
So there seems to be not much voltage change for first bit of the turn from 4.8V then it suddenly drops to 2-3V, there after the range is good all the way down to 0V.

But also as I'm turning it down slow around 1.5V mark the voltage jumped back up to 1.6V.

I know megajolt is scaling the whole range but what would you think this volt meter test is showing.

The TPS along with the carbs were brand new and have done probs 5000 miles on them.

bikecarbfred

posted on 11/4/21 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Another video showing nothing happening for first bit of the turn, then after that not a smooth transition.

Also the cbr600 F4 1999 connector should be wired as: pin 1: ground, pin 2: signal & pin 3: 5V
So middle one is usually signal. but for last couple of years i had to put 5v to middle and signal to outer pin to get megajolt to recognise it.

[Edited on 11/4/21 by bikecarbfred]

bikecarbfred

posted on 11/4/21 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like from day one 5V from megajolt has been going to signal pin of TPS sensor and signal wire from megajolt has been going to the 5V pin of the TPS sensor.
ONly ground cable was connected correctly to TPS.

This is the only way megajolt accepted the signal. No one picked up anything wrong with throttle caliberation when it was dyno'd

What now? Megajolt does not recognise it any other way when trying to calibrate it and never has done if wired correct.

I've tested TPS in the house on a multimeter. Range is alot better; soon as you turn tps there is no voltage drop and this time goes from 0V to 5V;
but when connecting to Megajolt you have to wire it incorrectly for mega jolt to recognise it.
It then it does what shown in those videos posted above.

in house test: TPS sensor : PIn 3 ground:_____pin 2; signal:_____pin 1: 5V:____ works from 0V up to 5V
in car test: PIn 3 ground :____pin 2; 5V :______1: signal pin: works from 5V down to 0V

[Edited on 11/4/21 by bikecarbfred]

bikecarbfred

posted on 24/4/21 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
solved, wiring issue. cbr600 f4 1999 tps middle pin is signal pin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.