Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5vy shift lever sliding
reb

posted on 6/9/20 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
R1 5vy shift lever sliding

Hi,

my shift lever which is mounted on the splined shaft is able to move on the shaft.

It is able to slide 5mm to the right and left.

I cant tighten the screw any further to stop the lever from sliding on the shaft but it will not jump teeth.

Hence I was wondering if this is how it is supposed to be on a R1 5VY engine?

number-1

posted on 6/9/20 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I had a 5VY in my Road runner racing single seater and the spline didnt move at all. On another single seater i had the engine was a GSXR WP 1100 and the shifter lever started moving left and right like yours and within 10 laps on track i couldn't change gear as the splines had worn away.

Personally....i would look at getting a new shift arm (bit that goes over the shaft that you cant tighten any more) and also a shift shaft (bit with splines that goes into the gearbox)

Or take 1mm off each edge on the shifter arm (the bit you cant tighten any more) and consider drilling a hole through the shifter arm and shift shaft and stick a bolt through.

N1

[Edited on 6/9/20 by number-1]

adithorp

posted on 6/9/20 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
No should tighten up. Before changing the lever or modifying it I'd check it isn't a bolt problem. Does it have a plain shank on the bolt that it's tightening up against before squeezing the lever tight?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.