Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec 3.0 v6 vs 2.0
40inches

posted on 5/10/15 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
Minor update: Mulfab do sell one, but it's quite expensive at just shy of £600 and also a bit chunky at 9kg.

Here's the url:

http://www.mulfab.co.uk/our-products/7/other-miscellaneous

To be fair, that also includes an uprated clutch kit. I was lucky and found a supplier of re manufactured clutch kits for £130
and a new/old stock DMF for £150.
The cheapest DMF/Clutch kit from Luk was around £500.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 7/10/15 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I hadn't realised that was included a clutch, so not as bad as I first thought!
I've actually gotten in touch with TTV Racing, they do a lightweight flywheel (about 6kg) that will match up with the original clutch for £350 delivered, which sounds bang on to be fair! Probably going to go with them.

[Edited on 7/10/15 by Badger_McLetcher]

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 19/10/15 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Quick update: the TTV flywheel appears to be spot on, weighed it before it went in and it's literally half the weight of the old one (spot on 6kg). And sooooo shiny! On the down side it did almost cost me more than my throttle body set up and tubular manifold combined... really hope it's worth it!

magpies

posted on 26/8/18 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Quick update: the TTV flywheel appears to be spot on, weighed it before it went in and it's literally half the weight of the old one (spot on 6kg). And sooooo shiny! On the down side it did almost cost me more than my throttle body set up and tubular manifold combined... really hope it's worth it!

Thread resurection

Any update on the solid flywheel/clutch issue?

Also has any-one ditched the large intake plenum and fab'ed one.

I'm fitting an AJ30 into my TVR S

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 27/8/18 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Heyup, in the end I used the stock clutch with the TTV flywheel; no issues as yet but not properly used in anger either!

As for the inlet, I've fabbed up ITB inlets using GSXR bodies, which seems to work ok. Had two ally plates water cut for the flange and then welded or alu brazed some shaped tubing onto them. Doing a single TB with plenum nestled between the banks should work fine, and avoid the height issues I've been plagued with!

andygtt

posted on 29/8/18 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
I’ve run a solid flywheel for 10years now and know of hundreds of others who do the same without any known issues ever over many hundreds of thousands of miles... the crank can take 700bhp and 8500rpm reliably, in NA form you will only break it if it’s out of balance.

I fabricated my own ITBs and carbon plenum although height is an issue as they are tall (I have loads of room above the engine).... if you want Rocketeer will sell you a nice carbon plenum that will fit under a low hood, not cheap but proven.

Andy

please redefine your limits.

sdh2903

posted on 29/8/18 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Heyup, in the end I used the stock clutch with the TTV flywheel; no issues as yet but not properly used in anger either!

As for the inlet, I've fabbed up ITB inlets using GSXR bodies, which seems to work ok. Had two ally plates water cut for the flange and then welded or alu brazed some shaped tubing onto them. Doing a single TB with plenum nestled between the banks should work fine, and avoid the height issues I've been plagued with!

Any pics of what you've done badger? I'm currently going through the options of what to do with mine

magpies

posted on 30/8/18 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Had two ally plates water cut for the flange and then welded or alu brazed some shaped tubing onto them. Doing a single TB with plenum nestled between the banks should work fine, and avoid the height issues I've been plagued with!

definitely interested in this

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 30/8/18 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote

Here's the best I've got at the moment - as you can see I had to make some rather large bonnet bulges to accept the airboxes (and yes I'll cut out the sides to allow cool air to flow in!).

The second picture is mid-tweak, as I wanted to brace the bodies, find a more progressive throttle cam and generally tidy up some stuff I wasn't happy with, so it isn't the full system.

[Edited on 30/8/18 by Badger_McLetcher]

[Edited on 30/8/18 by Badger_McLetcher]

magpies

posted on 2/9/18 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a drop off in power if the ST220 plenum is used on the Jag 3.0 motor using a 65mm TB?
magpies

posted on 2/9/18 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Doing a single TB with plenum nestled between the banks should work fine, and avoid the height issues I've been plagued with!

will you have enough length on the inlet runners?

Do you have any photos of the build up of this set up or drawing/sketch?

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 2/9/18 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
No real pictures at the moment - I've been through several iterations of it tbh. Hopefully next weekend I'll be rebuilding it, so will take some pictures then.

Regarding runner length, that really depends on what you're after. I've gone for a shorter runner length knowing that I'll sacrifice some torque, but also that I really don't need it as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to light up the rear tyres on demand!

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 2/9/18 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by magpies
Is there a drop off in power if the ST220 plenum is used on the Jag 3.0 motor using a 65mm TB?

Not sure - there's only one way of telling!

CosKev3

posted on 3/9/18 at 05:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Presume your using the Jag gearbox?

magpies

posted on 3/9/18 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

Presume your using the Jag gearbox?

Yes. I'm changing the diff ratio to suit the direct top

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.