Board logo

wideband gauges
beaver34 - 12/9/10 at 09:00 PM

hello,

im wanting a wideband gauge and sensor, what do other people use or any difference between the brands like the aem one or sme of the innovate items?

also can they be wired to the ecu aswell as the gauge i run omex 600

FASTdan - 12/9/10 at 09:57 PM

My innovate LM-1 has been brilliant over the years

beaver34 - 12/9/10 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
My innovate LM-1 has been brilliant over the years

seems quite a big item that, was looking for the 52mm type stuff that i can just mount in the dash, although also want to use it to set my carbs up on my camper van first

RazMan - 12/9/10 at 10:54 PM

The LC-1 is 52mm and mine is my new friend Any of the kits will take an hour or two to install but they are definitely worth it - saved me a fortune on remapping.

I don't think you can connect a gauge and ecu at the same time - probably best to have a changeover switch to have one or the other.

[Edited on 12-9-10 by RazMan]

clairetoo - 13/9/10 at 05:43 AM

I use an Lc1 - still havnt been to a rolling road , and I got a best of 38 mpg on holiday !
It has two outputs - one for the gauge , and one for the ECU .
But.............Lc1's are known to be a bit unreliable - mine lost the warm-up ages ago , and one I fitted recently just didnt work - straight from the box

SeaBass - 13/9/10 at 07:06 AM

I have an AEM UEGO wideband - gauge type. Its 5v output was used for adaptive mapping with target AFRs on the Emerald ecu. Works very well indeed.

RazMan - 13/9/10 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo

Claire, is that wideband (brown) to the gauge and narrowband (yellow) to the ecu?

[Edited on 13-9-10 by RazMan]

BenTyreman - 13/9/10 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo

Claire, is that wideband (brown) to the gauge and narrowband (yellow) to the ecu?

[Edited on 13-9-10 by RazMan]

Both outputs are adjustable using the serial cable provided.

iti_uk - 13/9/10 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Both outputs are adjustable using the serial cable provided.

Indeed, and in fact the default settings are that one of the outputs (yellow IIRC) sends a simulated narrow-band, and the other (brown) sends a wideband signal. Just hook up the serial cable and change the output settings so that they both show wideband signals, and you'll be set.

Chris

RazMan - 13/9/10 at 05:22 PM

Thanks guys - I didn't know that you could have both outputs configured as wideband!

Craigorypeck - 16/9/10 at 11:52 PM

Anyone mapping with a Megajolt? Gonna try hooking this up. The input circuit needs changing on the MJ but before i get the hacksaw out is it worth a go? I;ll be on TPS.
Anyone know the correct conversion value figs between 0-5v for the afr on MJ?