Board logo

First Drive of my middy BEC
airframefixer - 24/4/09 at 05:45 PM

Hello from the other side of the pond. I do a lot of reading here, but not a lot of posting. Thought id share my first drive.

I drove my Mid BEC for the first time last Saturday. You guys are right, these things are mental . Nothing too crazy for the first time out, just a few quick jabs of the throttle. Wow.

Heres a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3CGabWd5E

Andrew

[Edited on 24/4/09 by airframefixer]

blakep82 - 24/4/09 at 05:50 PM

nice feet

sounds like it was fun though

CRAIGR - 24/4/09 at 05:52 PM

Looking good

airframefixer - 24/4/09 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Car looks great!!

What would concern me though is the ability of the passenger's left foot to press the loud pedal there!! Are you putting anything in there to stop this??

Thanks guys. You betcha, there is still a ton of work to be done. Gauges were not hooked up either, if anyone noticed btw.

Andrew

minitici - 24/4/09 at 05:57 PM

Scream if you want to go faster

Total respect - looking good.

MK chippy - 24/4/09 at 06:02 PM

Sounds awesome! Great tune too!

Simon - 24/4/09 at 06:08 PM

Andrew,

Car's gonna look great when done, and if you keep putting Accept on as theme music, I'll keep listening

Good old Wolf Hoffman

ATB

Simon

ReMan - 24/4/09 at 06:19 PM

Looks really neat.
Nothing like making sure the Mrs wants nothing more to do with it before it's finished

roadrunner - 24/4/09 at 06:48 PM

Looking like a nice build. Have you some British blood in you, it's just nice to see someone from over there in a small nimble ,light and very fast car.

bitsilly - 24/4/09 at 06:58 PM

That looks like a really nice bit of work!
You really can't beat the noise of a BEC hey?

mark chandler - 24/4/09 at 09:37 PM

Car looks really good, you can see that its not english though...

Tidy large garage, tool boxes and chequered floor tiles. We just grub around in dirty lockups.

mangogrooveworkshop - 24/4/09 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Car looks really good, you can see that its not english though...

Tidy large garage, tool boxes and chequered floor tiles. We just grub around in dirty lockups.

Speak for yourself.....
Heating radiators
Broadband
tele
sat box
digital radio
hot and cold running water..

and the list goes on

mangogrooveworkshop - 24/4/09 at 11:25 PM

Nice build....and a divider to prevent the passenger from nailing the loud pedel

airframefixer - 25/4/09 at 02:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Looking like a nice build. Have you some British blood in you, it's just nice to see someone from over there in a small nimble ,light and very fast car.

Thanks for the comments guys. No British in me, my lady is though. Born and raised in Canada. Just have been a big fan of the Lotus philosophy.

As for the pedal box divider, there will be one installed, just haven't got to it yet along with other safety features missing for the first drive i.e Headrests, seats, foam padding etc. If it doesn't look right chances are that it is temporary, or not finished.

As for the Garage. I wish.. Im borrowing it from the parents, hence the modular construction. The build table was only used for about a month then disassembled.

Andrew

speedyxjs - 25/4/09 at 07:56 AM

Very nice