Board logo

Sylva J15 Build progress
theprisioner - 24/11/12 at 05:56 PM

http://youtu.be/WB2puBTtrB0

Youtube shows progress as a result of 8 months work, estimate at least another 4 months more to go based on experiance so far.

Comments very eelcome

HowardB - 24/11/12 at 06:33 PM

that looks very good,...

well impressed

monkeyarms - 25/11/12 at 12:04 PM

looks good so far

Next time turn your phone on its side when taking video

nickm - 25/11/12 at 12:11 PM

Coming on nicely

Thanks for reminding me of how slow a builder i am !!

(good visual evidence of why i have to be released from family duties though, where is the long haired general)

Nick M

Paul AS - 26/11/12 at 11:28 AM

Hi mate. Good fun this car building lark, isn't it!!

I 'm curious about the radius, or apparent lack of one on the lower edge of the dash. Is it there and i cant see it, or do you have a cunning plan??

Looking good

Paul

inkafone - 26/11/12 at 12:22 PM

I've recently fabricated a new RH engine mount so it uses a large "bobbin" and it's got rid of most vibrations that the Zetec SE engine transmits to the chassis using the old bushes.

theprisioner - 26/11/12 at 03:48 PM

Paul AS:

The radius is provided by a carbon effect dash laminate supplied by Playskool.

inkafone:

When I went to pick up my kit in March 12, Jeremy had fabricated an alternative mounting arangement with larger bushes. I asked him why they were different from mine and he said that it was in response to a customer complaint re Puma/Sigma vibration. He said he would sell me the alternative at a later stage if I needed it.

I think I have seen your mod on one of the other threads and It looks very interesting. I am going to wait till I have had it on the road and see what mods are necessary.

I am not keen on any excessive engine movement as I am fitting the Racing Puma plenium and there is not much room left for the engine swinging about.