Board logo

Which hill climb?
I predict a Riot - 13/4/13 at 09:44 PM

Having got the Riot on the road late last summer I have been enjoying getting out on the lovely roads around home, I live three miles away from Cadwell park so I have managed a few track days too, but I want to try a hill climb event.

I must admit to knowing nothing about the hill climb scene and I don't really want to make any alterations to the car.

It has been built for fast road use primarily and I just want to get an experience of a hill climb and running against similar cars.

Where do I start?

PAUL FISHER - 13/4/13 at 10:13 PM

Speak to/U2U "mookaloid" on here, he knows his stuff about hill climb regs etc, Harewood is near to you

mookaloid - 13/4/13 at 10:53 PM

He he thank you Paul - it's been a couple of years now but a good start would be the school at Harewood here You might need to do a little modification on your car to be able to compete but they are a helpful and friendly bunch on the school day so they will tell you what you need to do.

Whether you can be competitive or not is another matter.

This is what a run looks like - The lines are not too bad on this If I may say so myself

Let me know if you want to ask any thing.

Cheers

Mark

I predict a Riot - 13/4/13 at 11:01 PM

Thank you Mark, that's just what I wanted.

I'll make contact with Harewood and go on one of the instructional days.

I'm not too worried about being competitive it's more about testing the car and gaining more performance driving experience - for now.

Regards Adrian

Volvorsport - 14/4/13 at 08:55 AM

curborough is not too far either...

theres more sprints in lincolnshire than hillcimbs.........!!

and cadwell is used as one of them , depending on where you register /car club/ license type etc ...

EX01 - 1/5/13 at 08:02 AM

I follow my Father and brother in law around as they hillclimb, (hoping to as well once I build my car).
The Harewood instructional day is brilliant, but I would say get to an event or two and just wander around the pits and chat to people.

The events are really grass roots and friendly, U2U me if you’re going to a North West Event and would be happy to introduce you to some people in the paddock, defiantly will be at Harewood and Anglesey.

Unless you’re going into standard production class you won’t be winning anything without mega cash, I see more people gravitating to that class it is getting very popular, and give yourself a couple of seasons to just get used to the circuits, don’t try too hard and enjoy it.