Board logo

Another red Sylva J15 passes IVA
theprisioner - 5/7/13 at 03:49 PM

My J15 passed IVA inspection today. Now for the fucked up Build Up inspection. The local office is closing so all the stuff they require has to be sent to a central (blood sucking building)office somewhere, where if they are feeling particularly productive that day will arrange for an engineer to look at the car at their discretion.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenko - 5/7/13 at 05:26 PM

Wahooooooooooo.......yes, yes, yes....nice one and congrats.......now then, anyone not have a red one to et through iva?

deeceee09 - 5/7/13 at 05:50 PM

Great stuff!! Nice feeling isn't it when he hands that certificate? Hope the DVLA caper is not too bad, it seems there is much discrepancy dependent on which office you use. I was told last year by the Northampton office that the DVLA inspection requirement will be handled by VOSA at the IVA test when all the local offices are closed.

CRAIGR - 5/7/13 at 06:20 PM

Well done m'laddo

nickm - 5/7/13 at 06:26 PM

Well done
Hopefully not to long a wait the summers here

Nick M

Dark blue fibre/primrose yellow chassis

the constant builder - 5/7/13 at 08:24 PM

Well done!!! It's a wonderful feeling, realising that you've built a car that the bureaucrats have had to agree that you have met all the criteria and jumped through the hoops. Last hurdle now and I found Edinburgh really helpful, so hopefully they still are.
Once you get the DVLA sorted we can go on a Scottish Sylva blat (assuming I've amassed enough brownie points to get out to play!)
See you soon

Angus

CRAIGR - 5/7/13 at 08:28 PM

You got yourself a Sylva then Angus ??

theprisioner - 5/7/13 at 10:03 PM

Jammy bugger got a real bargain, I believe he tried to leave a bit of it in a cattle grid in the highlands. If he does no repack that exhaust he will be deef soon!

Paul AS - 8/7/13 at 07:46 AM

Great job mate. A long time coming but well worth the wait. Now you can start modifying it!!