Board logo

rear wheel arch covers for mid engined cars...J15
Jenko - 13/8/14 at 03:05 PM

It may (or may not) be of interest, but having been scratching my head about how to protect the engine bay from road grime kicked up by the rear wheels, I finally settled on making up some inner arch sections that are contained within the rear clam. Now it's finished, it seems to work well, and at least keeps the worst of the crap off.....Anyway, pics in the latest blog update as I can't seem to post jpg pics any more on this web site!.

Madinventions - 13/8/14 at 05:07 PM

Looks good! Might have to do something like that to my Mojo...

Incidentally, you can link photos from your blog directly to this forum. Just right click on the photo in your blog and click properties, then copy the whole filename. For example, the full name for the photo below is "http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l0IH_1A3ATw/U-s8Ygsr_CI/AAAAAAAAA_k/ieqW0H_Ou90/s1600/ind%2B(7).JPG"

Now paste that here with the {IMG} and {/IMG} tags at either end (change {} for [] though) and your photo will appear.
{IMG}http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l0IH_1A3ATw/U-s8Ygsr_CI/AAAAAAAAA_k/ieqW0H_Ou90/s1600/ind%2B(7).JPG{/IMG}

Ed.

Jenko - 13/8/14 at 06:23 PM

Ohhh...thanks very much, didn't realise you could link direct....

nickm - 16/8/14 at 05:38 PM

Looking good

But all these good ideas are slowing up my build !! stop giving me more stuff to do !

Nick M

Jenko - 19/8/14 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nickm
Looking good

But all these good ideas are slowing up my build !! stop giving me more stuff to do !

Nick M

Opps...sorry :-)

killerferret666 - 19/8/14 at 07:14 AM

saw this on your blog the other day. I will probably copy the idea in some way to keep my rear end (ecu, engine etc...) clean and grime free, although ill put them in after the test.

TheGecko - 20/8/14 at 12:42 AM

Looks good Jenko and very apropos as I'm looking at exactly this question for my middy build right now. What sort of plastic is it - ABS? And what thickness - looks like about 3mm-4mm?

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

Jenko - 20/8/14 at 05:57 AM

It's 2.5mm ABS pinseal...if you look on eBay its about a tenna for a large sheet...I bought 5 sheets some time ago.