Board logo

This looks very interesting
ProjectLMP - 30/11/03 at 03:21 PM

http://www.copycatcars.com/index.htm

They have chosen a really nice car to copy (Jaguar XJ13). Might be worth buying the CD's

Alan B - 30/11/03 at 03:40 PM

Yes agreed. Worth watching for sure.

Certainly sounds interesting and worthwhile.

sgraber - 30/11/03 at 04:14 PM

Wow! That is very cool. I wonder what the cost will be? Hopefully not outrageous... I'm on a strict budget. But that type of knowledge could actually save me a bundle... Or not...

His buck certainly looks very, very expensive... I was planning on fiberboard and chicken wire with a layer of masonite covered with drywall mud.

Graber

suparuss - 30/11/03 at 04:27 PM

whats the exchange rate aus to uk these days?
the bodywork looks nice but the chassis doesnt look too clever. looks liek an interesting cd overall though!

Russ.

Staple balls - 30/11/03 at 04:40 PM

nifty little currency converter - www.xe.com/ucc

Hugh Paterson - 30/11/03 at 05:00 PM

The bucks tidy, quality looking stuff, but not to sure about the chassis
Shug.

Alan B - 30/11/03 at 05:10 PM

Yes, my observation too.........either incomplete or unimpressive if it is...

kb58 - 30/11/03 at 07:13 PM

Maybe the body is to get rigidity from the panels. A "flexi-flyer" as it is now... That engine must weigh a LOT...

ProjectLMP - 30/11/03 at 09:34 PM

This is a car I could see myself building after the LMP. It would be nice to build a car purely for the street. I really like some of the old sports cars and was thinking about a GT40. If I could get the bodywork for this and make the rest that would be fun and avoid the nasty dusty, smelly and tedious part.

Agreed on the chassis, seems to be lacking somewhat. At first I thought it was just a jig.

Kb, that engine may weigh a lot but oh the sound of a V12 on short pipes, gives me tingles down my spine just thinking about it!

Geoff011 - 30/11/03 at 10:41 PM

I can vouch for this guy. As the text says, he has built a lot of cars down here in Aus.
Anyone spot his XJ220 replica in the top right hand pic on the site?