Board logo

Pre IVA pics, think mines ready too.
Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 10:58 AM

After setting the emissions today i think i'm just about ready. As always can you cast a critical eye over my car to see if there is anything else i need to do. The steering wheel will be replaced for the test. Thanks

[Edited on 10/7/12 by Davegtst]

loggyboy - 10/7/12 at 11:02 AM

Steering wheel will fail 2.5mm on metal centre.

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 11:03 AM

I know, i have a crappy sierra one for the test.

loggyboy - 10/7/12 at 11:09 AM

Did you edit your post to say that or did I miss it?!

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 11:17 AM

You missed it mate.

maccmike - 10/7/12 at 11:44 AM

looks really nice that mate. you should be very proud. good luck with the test.

mookaloid - 10/7/12 at 11:46 AM

Looks like a nice job to me

redeye - 10/7/12 at 12:20 PM

Best looking car ive seen in a while....they should pass it just for looking good IMHO

Good luck

40inches - 10/7/12 at 12:22 PM

Very nice
Have you checked the fog light height? I had mine there and it was low by about 20mm.

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 01:04 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments. Yes the fog light height is correct, i jacked up the rear suspension specially.

Slater - 10/7/12 at 01:38 PM

I think it will fail as it obviously has not been built by an amateur builder.

Looks like a professional job to me, that's a cracking looking build, well done, very neat and clean, which actually goes a long way in the test I think. If it looks well built then tester probably won't delve quite as deep as he would if you turned up with a complete dogs dinner. I'm not saying he will just take one look and pass it though. You still need to cover all the known points.

adithorp - 10/7/12 at 01:54 PM

Are the seat belt top buckles higher than the holes in the seats (looks close in the pic's). If not they'll fail as the seat then is considered structural.
It might be worth wrapping the cat just to help it get/stay hot. Is it a bias-bar set-up and is the locking labled? Chassis number marked on off-side? Hows the self centering?

Can't see any other issues. You always stand a better chance when the build looks that good.

eddie99 - 10/7/12 at 01:59 PM

Looks good, is the fuel filler cap tethered? I had that same fuel filler and because you could take your key out of it in the unlock position, meant it had to be tethered.

Otherwise good effort!

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 02:00 PM

Yes it's tethered. Come on guys find something wrong with it.

CRAIGR - 10/7/12 at 02:13 PM

Can't fault it sorry. Super quality build well done.

adithorp - 10/7/12 at 02:17 PM

Radius on the edge of the flared side panels?

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Radius on the edge of the flared side panels?

They have been rolled back on themselves so should be fine.

maccmike - 10/7/12 at 02:29 PM

shrubbery could do with a trim

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
shrubbery could do with a trim

Done it yesterday. Anything else

pekwah1 - 10/7/12 at 02:54 PM

is your boot an actual boot or just a cover?
if it's an actual boot i believe you have to have a lock as well.....

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 03:00 PM

No just an ali cover.

aka_shortie - 10/7/12 at 03:49 PM

Do you have too many sets of repeaters? In a previous post i was told you are only allowed 1 set each end. You have front, rear and rear arch... not sure if that is a problem? I was probably miss informed. lol

MsD - 10/7/12 at 03:59 PM

quote:

Im suprised the grammer/ punctuation police havnt pointed out you need a ? after 'have you put the wrong fuel in your vehicle' on your van!

But one potential problem I have seen is your manual choke- Ive read on here somewhere that it might need a light to warn if the chokes on.... Ive looked for it in the manual but cant find anything specifically related to this.

Apart from that - cracking looking 7!

[Edited on 10/7/12 by MsD]

loggyboy - 10/7/12 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aka_shortie
Do you have too many sets of repeaters? In a previous post i was told you are only allowed 1 set each end. You have front, rear and rear arch... not sure if that is a problem? I was probably miss informed. lol

Theres one set of side repeaters on the arch, 1 set of rear indicators at the back and theres 1 set of front idicators on the front?!
Just right!

Daddylonglegs - 10/7/12 at 04:09 PM

As already said, top build chap! well done!

Only thing I can see is the tyres are too dusty!

Get it booked in matey Mine's in 2 weeks ! eeeeeek!

I know it's daft, but I'm pooing myself

Seems wierd that it took me an age to build and it all comes down to a few hours in the hands of a chap I've never ever met!

JB

[Edited on 10/7/12 by Daddylonglegs]

rodgling - 10/7/12 at 04:10 PM

The trackrod covers don't look permanent enough - are they threaded on and then locked in place by putting the TRE on, or do they have a slit all the way down so you can get them on without removing the TREs? If the latter I think they won't like it.

jacko - 10/7/12 at 04:22 PM

Dunk3 on here had to do something to the bottom of the side panels for the iva
I would u2u him about it
Jacko
dunk3 's car
Description
Description

[Edited on 10/7/12 by jacko]

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MsD
quote:

Im suprised the grammer/ punctuation police havnt pointed out you need a ? after 'have you put the wrong fuel in your vehicle' on your van!

But one potential problem I have seen is your manual choke- Ive read on here somewhere that it might need a light to warn if the chokes on.... Ive looked for it in the manual but cant find anything specifically related to this.

If you were to look on the other side of the van there is a question mark. Signwriters cocked up and it's never got sorted, drives my missus mad. As for the choke it's not really a choke but rather a fast idle knob, i couldn't find any lettering for that though.

Davegtst - 10/7/12 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rodgling
The trackrod covers don't look permanent enough - are they threaded on and then locked in place by putting the TRE on, or do they have a slit all the way down so you can get them on without removing the TREs? If the latter I think they won't like it.

No they are split but i intend to glue them on. Do you think that would be ok?

Andybarbet - 10/7/12 at 09:41 PM

Looks spot on to me mate

ReMan - 10/7/12 at 10:08 PM

Stunning
And I firmly believe that looks go a long way to a pass

MakeEverything - 10/7/12 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
quote:
Originally posted by MsD
quote:

If you were to look on the other side of the van there is a question mark. Signwriters cocked up and it's never got sorted, drives my missus mad. As for the choke it's not really a choke but rather a fast idle knob, i couldn't find any lettering for that though.

Ive got a Dymo machine if you want to mark it up.

As i said earlier before reading all this, good quality build, and the best looking MK ive seen yet. Certainly not an amateur build. Cant wait to drive it!!

[Edited on 10-7-12 by MakeEverything]

GOJO - 11/7/12 at 08:01 AM

Maybe the radius where the side panel meets the rear panel mask each side of the gap leaving a 8mm gap ish white tiger seal the gap a fettle it up with a bit of silicone spray or wd40 on your finger then when happy peel the tape up looks loads better did mine i would upload a pic but it says not compatible from my tablet , also tyre valve caps? Mines at mac1 now havin exhaust and this was on the list of niggley fails he managed to find, dash board lower radius edge and the brackets for the upper coloum need u trim, looks good tho but obviously not as good as mine lol, good look on the test

GOJO - 11/7/12 at 08:11 AM

And the rear parcel shelf if there is less than 6 bolts they can remove the cover as its classed as tempoary and test under there. (couple more bolts) i couldnt believe how stupid the test is also the rear lights do they have the 2.5 radius around the bolt holes if not silicone them up.

[Edited on 11/7/12 by GOJO]

Lightning - 11/7/12 at 08:32 AM

As the yanks say... That's sick!....... lovely looking car!

rodgling - 11/7/12 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
quote:
Originally posted by rodgling

No they are split but i intend to glue them on. Do you think that would be ok?

I think so. Cable ties would not be, I think, but if it's permanently glued I don't see how they could say it's not permanent.

emwmarine - 11/7/12 at 11:35 AM

How about the radius on the bottom of the rear tub. A couple of dax Rushs have failed on the recently according to Dax. Simple to radius it or cover.

Davegtst - 12/7/12 at 10:09 PM

The radius on the rear tub looks ok to me along with the lower side panels.
Tyre valves? Really?
I know i've got to put some silicone on the cope moulding where it touches the rear shelf.

I've just sent my application forms.

[Edited on 12/7/12 by Davegtst]

daniel mason - 12/7/12 at 10:26 PM

now thats a tidy build

GOJO - 13/7/12 at 07:33 AM

Mac 1 told me mine would fail, metal/alloy valve ok just need a plastic dust cap its thats horrible radius thing again.

Davegtst - 17/7/12 at 02:08 PM

Payment has been taken for the iva. Just got to wait for the test centre to ring with a date

Davegtst - 27/7/12 at 09:30 AM

6th of September Looks like i may just get it on the road for the winter

loggyboy - 27/7/12 at 09:42 AM

Thats a major bummer! I always said I would be waiting to get my car 100% IVA ready BEFORE booking my IVA, however if the turn around is that slow, I think I may end up booking it when the car is 90% ready!

Is there no other VOSA stations that you can get to that can see it sooner?

Davegtst - 27/7/12 at 10:24 AM

I've got VOSA ringing the nearest test centres for me, got to say VOSA have been extremly good. Edmonton don't have any dates until October. Apparently Northampton aren't able to do any IVA's. I'm just waiting to hear back from Yeading.

Davegtst - 30/7/12 at 08:56 AM

Good news, Yeading can do it on the 13th of august. Result