Board logo

Weather Gear Material?
coozer - 5/5/09 at 02:00 PM

Missed Milson at Stoneleigh so I'm going to threaten wor lass with violence so she makes me some gear. Failing that I'll buy a sowing machine for the garage...

Where can I buy good quality material??

damajin - 5/5/09 at 02:24 PM

Woolies seems to be the place recomended by everyone on here. I have seen samples from them and the quality looks v. good.

Linky

Alternatively SoftBitsForSevens also seems popular.

Linky

Cheers
D

[Edited on 5/5/09 by damajin]

smart51 - 5/5/09 at 02:25 PM

Woolies would be my first port of call.

coozer - 5/5/09 at 02:34 PM

I asked SoftBitsForSevens them but they couldn't be arsed to measure my car. Thats why I asked Milson

milson - 5/5/09 at 02:46 PM

if you want you can make a template out of a sheet of plastic and send it to me and i can make one for you ,what we normally do is stick a piece of clear plastic to car with masking tape so not to damage car then draw on plastic the shape you want ,managed to miss a couple of people this weekend.i can send you a piece of plastic if you need

coozer - 5/5/09 at 02:55 PM

Cheers, but I'm bound to get it wrong, wanted a two piece tonneu but with high back seats and the curved scuttle I'll make a pigs ear of it.

Steve

BenB - 5/5/09 at 05:20 PM

Depends on what fabric you're going for. I got some black ottoman fabric off Ebay and it's quite nice too. Kind of like the material barbour jackets are made from. Quite flexible, good for the corners and edges.

Get a hand cranked singer. Jobs a good'un... I got this for £20 off ebay. Quality. Does layers of webbing without flinching....

Singer sewing machine
Singer sewing machine

Valtra - 7/5/09 at 10:41 PM

Woolies are the top people . Interesting about the old hand cranked Singer my wifes lecky Bernina wouldn't cope with the mohair type hooding so had to take mine to Laura at Tiger who used an ancient industrial Singer type machine