Board logo

Unfinished Project.....
beardmore4072 - 24/4/13 at 01:53 PM

Hi i am regretably selling my Blackbird engine Locost project due to unforseen cercumstance. I have been building this for the past year and have spent quite alot of time and money on this. Alot of the parts are there just needs assembling and a few thing to finish off. There are photos of parts in my archive. The back of the frame has been converted to take independent suspension set up as i didnt want the normal live axle setup. The frame has just been painted aswell ready for assembly. The engine and running gear is all there and in good working order also comes with keys and ignition. As you can see in the photos the cradle to put it into the frame is there and attached and there is a baffle plate also. The diff is a 3.38 and has the custom propshaft and adapters to fit. The manifold is a genuine megabird manifold from westfield. There will be other bits with the build that arent pictured which i will include. This would be a great project for someone to finish off and i am sad to see it go as i have spent alot of time and effort getting things made and right for the car.

I am after around £2500 for the lot. It has cost me alot more to get up to this stage.

Any questions or enquiries please feel free to ask. Thanks

Pics in photo archive.

[Edited on 24/4/13 by beardmore4072]

[Edited on 25/4/13 by beardmore4072]

slingshot2000 - 24/4/13 at 02:21 PM

What manufacturer is named on the V5/logbook ?

beardmore4072 - 24/4/13 at 02:28 PM

Its says dutton kit car but has the right engine and colour on. Thanks

scootz - 24/4/13 at 02:54 PM

theduck - 24/4/13 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beardmore4072
Its says dutton kit car but has the right engine and colour on. Thanks

So it is incorrectly registered and will need IVA then.

Norfolkluegojnr - 24/4/13 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz

40inches - 24/4/13 at 03:47 PM

Dangle_kt - 24/4/13 at 04:15 PM

ragindave - 24/4/13 at 04:36 PM

LOL!

theduck - 24/4/13 at 04:53 PM

zilspeed - 24/4/13 at 05:12 PM

maccmike - 24/4/13 at 06:37 PM

[img]
[/img]

[Edited on 24/4/13 by maccmike]

mazie - 24/4/13 at 06:48 PM

Alright I'm missing something what's with the pop-corn??

richardm6994 - 24/4/13 at 07:00 PM

Sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy watching this can of worms being opened....one word....RINGER

mazie - 24/4/13 at 07:32 PM

Haha ok got ya! It's always the dutton's and its not on!

slingshot2000 - 24/4/13 at 07:32 PM

Is it the time of year, but these things appear to be popping out of the woodwork ?

Regards
Jon

spiderman - 24/4/13 at 09:46 PM

..and on a positive note. The parts alone are worth what the OP is asking.
Beardmore it may be worth putting it on Ebay I am sure you will get a better price for it there than you are here by the look of the previous posts.

Not Anumber - 25/4/13 at 12:10 AM

It would be interesting to know if the stalwarts of the Dutton owners club have actually managed to have any 'rebuilt' cars taken off the road or whether this is an urban myth ?

pmc_3 - 25/4/13 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
It would be interesting to know if the stalwarts of the Dutton owners club have actually managed to have any 'rebuilt' cars taken off the road or whether this is an urban myth ?

They certainly have, the owners club are very proactive about this and have a direct contact at the DVLA for dealing with these ringers. Some of the registrations even get reunited with the original car if they know where it has come from.

[Edited on 25/4/13 by pmc_3]

owelly - 25/4/13 at 07:13 AM

I know from first hand experience that once the right person at DVLA get hold of the information, they will use whatever agencies they can to stop this type of ringing! Some may recall a post involving members on here who were selling an MK that had the V5 off one of my cars. I'd bought the car without the V5 but had plenty of photos of it at various shows and it was a feature car in a couple of the Kit car mags. I had a visit from the DVLA and the police who looked at my car, the folder full of pictures and the kit magazines. They also took copies of the Ebay listings that I'd saved showing my kit car with the V5 then a few weeks later, without it. I also had the Ebay listing of the ringed car. I got the correct V5 and the other guys got a criminal record.
The DVLA lady who attended said that they had plans to link the MoT test to images verified by owners clubs to stop such ringing but it was at a time when DVLA had spent millions on a new computer system that had gone wrong so needed a few more million to fix it!!
Another car I bought without a V5 had been ringed in Belgium. They UK guy who sold the V5 to the Belgian got an 18 month suspended sentence!

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 09:54 AM

Ok thanks. I didnt know that this was the case with the log book. I got it with the car when i bought it initially. But now i do know i will certinally not be selling it with it. I will try and sell it to a dutton owner if they can use it to put one of them back on the road.

Macbeast - 25/4/13 at 11:10 AM

That would still be illegal.

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 11:52 AM

Ok will just scrap the log book then. Thanks for the info.

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 11:54 AM

I am just gonna break the car now. So if anyone wants any bits before I put it on ebay let me know. Thanks

Also thanks again for the advise.

mcerd1 - 25/4/13 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
That would still be illegal.

^^ what he said - the V5 can only be used with the chassis it was issued for

if that chassis has been scrapped then the V5 is also scrap

nick205 - 25/4/13 at 03:29 PM

Best thing might be to return the V5 to the DVLA with a covering letter and let them deal with it. Might riase the question of where you bought it though

clairetoo - 25/4/13 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Best thing might be to return the V5 to the DVLA with a covering letter and let them deal with it. Might riase the question of where you bought it though

Or pass it on the the Dutton owners club - they may be able to re-unite it with the proper car , or at least prevent that registration being re-used for something else ?

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 03:54 PM

Ok thats great thanks for all the info i will do. Thanks again.

Macbeast - 25/4/13 at 04:19 PM

" Or pass it on the the Dutton owners club - they may be able to re-unite it with the proper car "

If the VIN number matches. Shredder time I fear. The V5 is worthless and may land you in trouble.

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 04:27 PM

I think i will just send it back to the dvla then they deal with it.

beardmore4072 - 25/4/13 at 04:52 PM

All is now sold except chassis on its own, wishbones, hubs and bodywork.

Many thanks for all the help and info.

Wheels244 - 25/4/13 at 05:04 PM

How much do you want for the bodywork and hubs ?
U2U if you like.

Rob

Disgruntled karter - 29/4/13 at 12:19 PM

And here's another one I think

LOCOST KIT CAR RACE CAR GINETTA ROBIN HOOD TRACK DAY PROJECT | eBay

nick205 - 29/4/13 at 12:56 PM

Just dropped the seller a message with some pertinent questions

Dick Axtell - 29/4/13 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Disgruntled karter
And here's another one I think

LOCOST KIT CAR RACE CAR GINETTA ROBIN HOOD TRACK DAY PROJECT | eBay

Ginetta????? I suspect not. Chassis seems to be without any maker's ID, no info as to its source.

In which case, it ain't worth the asking price!