Board logo

Harrison lathe FS
coozer - 21/3/17 at 10:25 PM

I'm moving soon so I'm selling my Harrison L5 lathe... along with a lot of other stuff...

I bought this out of the Durham college, it was used for the 6th form A level so is in good condition. It came to me with a 400v 3 phase motor which I replaced with a 240v single phase and it runs OK off a 3 pin plug.

Includes a coolant tank and pump which I've not used.

A few tools to get you going.

It has an imperial powered screw thread that is useless these days! However it doesn't work so no loss...

£700

It's in the north east Hetton le Hole near the A1M J62. It's a big heavy thing....

Cheers,
Steve

mark chandler - 21/3/17 at 11:04 PM

147 tooth change wheel makes it metric

nick205 - 22/3/17 at 08:47 AM

Hi Coozer,

Sadly I no longer have the space for one, but a few photos may help to sell it for you - would certainly give people an idea of what it looks like (I did have a look in your photo archive, but didn't see any).

Cheers,
Nick

stevebubs - 22/3/17 at 12:46 PM

If I didn't have to pay for a wedding this week, I'd have jumped at this...

Mash - 22/3/17 at 01:38 PM

Any idea how much it weighs Mate ?

Wadders - 22/3/17 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
147 tooth change wheel makes it metric

20 too many mate

coozer - 22/3/17 at 02:49 PM

Just put all the pics up on Facebook..

I think it weighs about 5-600kg

Nearly broke my little 4ft trailer when I collected it and the teachers little crane rated at 1/2 ton struggled to get it in!

coozer - 22/3/17 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Hi Coozer,

Sadly I no longer have the space for one, but a few photos may help to sell it for you - would certainly give people an idea of what it looks like (I did have a look in your photo archive, but didn't see any).

Cheers,
Nick

Photo archive won't let me upload saying unsupported file type despite them being .jpg.....

HowardB - 22/3/17 at 05:52 PM

there is a limit on the image sizes and the file names must be unique,

hth

nick205 - 23/3/17 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
there is a limit on the image sizes and the file names must be unique,

hth

I've had the same issue myself!

Resizing and renaming the image files resolved the issue for me though.

coozer - 24/3/17 at 04:43 PM

trextr7monkey - 26/3/17 at 08:22 PM

Hi Steve
That's a great looking machine and must be cheapest in the country I picked up a little Myford recently from a bloke who's a turner by my trade but rebuilds British bikes to a very high spec. He wS turning his own valve guides etc I got a box of big tools which are too big for this machine here but would suit yours I could drop them off in next couple of weeks as I pop over quite a lot to see my Dad since my mother died.
Atb
Mike

coozer - 29/3/17 at 01:24 PM

Sounds good Mike, your welcome to call in anytime your passing.

FEZ1025 - 31/3/17 at 02:53 PM

I know it's no help to you, but I so wish I had the space, I also know you get a lot of wasters on Fleecebay but it would be snapped up on there

coozer - 1/4/17 at 08:06 AM

Aye, I thought between here and Facebook it might of gone, really not looking forward to putting on the bay...

big_wasa - 1/4/17 at 08:20 AM

A lot of machine for the money that.

perksy - 1/4/17 at 09:46 AM

Same model as the one in the workshop at work

Cracking little machine, They don't build them like that anymore..

Bluemoon - 1/4/17 at 08:33 PM

shame you not closer, would be great in my new workshop.. not a cheap thing to move...

mark chandler - 1/4/17 at 08:52 PM

I collected mine on my little cars trailer, some decent straps and away you go.

Even when 50 years old these Harrison's can still be accurate as the beds are induction hardened, great machines

[Edited on 1/4/17 by mark chandler]

b14wrc - 7/8/17 at 11:21 AM

Steve - I have sent you a U2U

Rob

b14wrc - 17/8/17 at 11:29 AM

Hi Steve,

I have managed to pick up a Boxford BUD. Should be collecting it in a week or so.

Shame I missed yours.

Regards, Rob

coozer - 17/8/17 at 08:23 PM

Wish id kept it now... doh...