Board logo

Ps4 or Xboxone for F1 2020
steve m - 23/7/20 at 08:03 AM

Hi Guys

Following on from my thread about using a substandard PC for the F1 2020 game, locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=217086

I have discounted upgrading the PC, due to the never ending cost associated

Having never even used a Ps4 or Xboxone, which one would you guys would go for

Also noted that xbox ones come in 500 and 1tb sizes, the 500 are very cheap, so should that be thing to think about as well ?

steve

Slimy38 - 23/7/20 at 01:18 PM

My personal preference is PS4 over Xbox, but that's mainly because I have a lot more PS4 exclusive games. I own both and get far more playing time out of the PS4.

From a game point of view, I am fairly sure the F1 game will be pretty much identical on both platforms.

From a price point of view, the lockdown is throwing both console prices way out, particularly in the second hand market. However, it does look like Xbox is on average cheaper than the PS4. The game itself is the same price on both.

From a storage point of view, both consoles start with 500Gb, which is where I started. 500Gb can store between 10 and 20 games before it starts getting a bit full. For both Xbox and PS4 you can buy external hard drives, or you can simply delete games you don't want and then put them back on at a later date. So don't consider 500 to be a limit in any way.

In short, buy PS4...

steve m - 23/7/20 at 03:51 PM

I appreciate your input, ive not really looked at Ps4, so not quite intune with the prices, but xboxones are all over ebay,
and vary from around £50- to hundreds,

One I was watching sold for £31 as it was a very poor advert, and pictures were dreadful

steve