Board logo

Throttle body set up
robv70 - 26/1/18 at 07:13 PM

Hi all
Long story short.... not touched my zero for last 6 years. Now getting back on with it and got a few questions.
Rs2000 16v engine with gsxr 1000 throttle bodies.
Have spaced them to suit the inlet manifold.
1, do I use both sets of injectors?
2, should i stick with the standard injectors?
3, do you use the gsxr TPS?
Sure there will be more questions!!!
Thanks
Rob

SPYDER - 26/1/18 at 09:23 PM

Hi Rob. Unless you plan to increase power substantially I would stick with the standard injectors. What ECU are you using?
The TPS may not be required for the main fueling calculation ( I suspect it will be however) but it can provide a trigger for accel enrichment.
I have GSXR750 ITBs on my car. I replaced the tiny throttle quadrant with a larger one to give better "modulation".

SPYDER - 26/1/18 at 09:23 PM

Hi Rob. Unless you plan to increase power substantially I would stick with the standard injectors. What ECU are you using?
The TPS may not be required for the main fueling calculation ( I suspect it will be however) but it can provide a trigger for accel enrichment.
I have GSXR750 ITBs on my car. I replaced the tiny throttle quadrant with a larger one to give better "modulation".

robv70 - 26/1/18 at 11:01 PM

Hi Spyder
Got emerald ecu.
Is the throttle quadrant the bit where the accelerator cable connects? If so is there a particular one to go for?

kingster996 - 26/1/18 at 11:36 PM

I have gsxr throttle bodies on my Zetec.

I use the gsxr TPS and can’t see how you could map it without one?

Mine only has one set of injectors, so might be different to yours, but runs great. Also depends if you mean the manifold has injectors (like a lot of cars) and also the bike bodies have injectors- or you have later bodies with twin injectors per cylinder..

If there’s two separate lots of injectors (ie car set and bike set) then you can use either, but not both.

My first engine used car injectors on st170 manifold and second one used busa injectors on the bodies- each time using the exact same set of throttle bodies. Both worked fine, but given the choice, I prefer the busa ones.

No experience of using later bodies with twin injectors.

SPYDER - 27/1/18 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by robv70

Is the throttle quadrant the bit where the accelerator cable connects? If so is there a particular one to go for?

I made my own. If you have a very smooth cable and a delicate right foot you might not need to change the standard one.

It is possible to map without a TPS if using the Speed Density algorithm. SD can be problematic with ITBs though.
Most people end up using a TPS based tune with ITBs.
Megasquirt has an ITB specific algorithm which combines both. That's what I am using.

robv70 - 27/1/18 at 07:56 AM

Thanks guys
I have the early k1-k3 boddies so have injectors in the manifold and also boddies.
Going to use car ones to start as they already wires up.
Take it you can get some sort of blanking plug for the gsxr?
Will look into the quadrent, I'm wondering if can use the original one off the rs2000???

coozer - 27/1/18 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
quote:
Originally posted by robv70

I made my own. If you have a very smooth cable and a delicate right foot you might not need to change the standard one.

It is possible to map without a TPS if using the Speed Density algorithm. SD can be problematic with ITBs though.
Most people end up using a TPS based tune with ITBs.
Megasquirt has an ITB specific algorithm which combines both. That's what I am using.

You can use the the standard one no problem, adjust the pedal ratio to get the right feel.

rusty nuts - 27/1/18 at 12:14 PM

I've been thinking about making a new quadrant for my set up , it's one of those round to it jobs.