Board logo

Lotus Elan crash (detachable rear end)
rb968 - 2/5/12 at 09:47 PM

Just came across this video.....Elan vs Scimitar at Brands Hatch

Lotus Elan crash

Hopefully all walked away OK.

Rich

matt_gsxr - 2/5/12 at 10:23 PM

Did you seen how that Elan screen just popped out.

I guess it was before the times that they were structural.

Rod Ends - 2/5/12 at 10:44 PM

Elan has a backbone chassis, there's nothing of it behind the rear wheels - just fibreglass.

morcus - 3/5/12 at 12:59 AM

I don't think it was as bad an accident as the blurb makes out. All that I see happening is the body work and window falling off, the fuel tank appears to be inside a box like structure. Other than that it's just the wheel. The way it broke almost looks like it's been designed that way on purpose, though I don't think thats the case.

Bare - 3/5/12 at 02:46 AM

Just one crappy Plastic car colliding with another one ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Nickp - 3/5/12 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bare

I think it'd be fair to say that the majority of members on this car based forum would actually find these type of cars interesting

scootz - 3/5/12 at 06:09 AM

quote:

The Lotus Elan is not a 'crappy' car.

Nickp - 3/5/12 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

Agreed Think he maybe took a wrong turn to get in here?

TheGecko - 3/5/12 at 07:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

Agreed Think he maybe took a wrong turn to get in here?

Bare never seems to have anything constructive to say. I think he's the online equivalent of the grumpy old man who wanders into a conversation uninvited and proceeds to loudly complain "What's all this rubbish then?!?". He also seems to have followed this behavioural pattern on several locost-ish forums that I've been on for 10+ years <sigh>.

Just ignore the grumpy old galah

steve m - 3/5/12 at 07:50 AM

I had a 2+2 elan in the 80's and i would of liked a scimitar

so its a like like for me

Also, the elan drove back to pick his bits up and screen, so it wasnt THAT badly dameged !
The 7 driver was lucky though!

Bare, you are obviousley 12 years old and suitably stupid, as all 3 of those cars in the video are part of the backbone of the kit car industry today

[Edited on 3/5/12 by steve m]

40inches - 3/5/12 at 08:00 AM

The Lotus7 doesn't look that happy, around 15seconds in.

Must read all the thread before posting

[Edited on 3-5-12 by 40inches]

Peteff - 3/5/12 at 09:06 AM

Elan is one of my all time favourite cars along with frogeye Sprout. I never really liked the Scimitar, they were a waste of good Capri running gear and weighed about twice as much as their donor.
ETA Bare is entitled to his opinion although it seems odd to frequent a kit car forum if you don't like fibreglass cars. Somebody recently wrote this

quote:
I take your attitude as the typical "I'll argue about anything in a nonconstructive manner" attitude that turns up on the internet so often..
about me as I had the audacity to not agree.

[Edited on 3/5/12 by Peteff]

gazza285 - 3/5/12 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Elan is one of my all time favourite cars along with frogeye Sprout. I never really liked the Scimitar, they were a waste of good Capri running gear and weighed about twice as much as their donor.
ETA Bare is entitled to his opinion although it seems odd to frequent a kit car forum if you don't like fibreglass cars. Somebody recently wrote this
quote:
I take your attitude as the typical "I'll argue about anything in a nonconstructive manner" attitude that turns up on the internet so often..
about me as I had the audacity to not agree.

[Edited on 3/5/12 by Peteff]

Had to have a look at your attitude failure, there's some strange people on there.