Board logo

Garage renting?
number-1 - 3/2/19 at 02:17 PM

Where do people look to rent garages with power? All of the local authority ones are single pre fab with no power. Is there a forum or particular place to look?

Dick Axtell - 3/2/19 at 04:04 PM

Invest in a good, Honda-powered generator. Remember to keep nearby neighbours sweet.

steve m - 3/2/19 at 04:31 PM

Pekwah1 managed to build two Strikers in his non powered garage, that was in a block of about 30 garages, and quite a distance from his house, so he didn't use a long extension cable

steve

jossey - 3/2/19 at 04:38 PM

I found a few caravan stores have covered storage with power for trailers etc

rusty nuts - 3/2/19 at 04:40 PM

It’s possible to use rechargeable or even a large car battery powered lighting , a generator is a possibility but if you intend welding you will need a suitable genny. The mig welding forum has loads of info on suitable systems.

Mr Whippy - 4/2/19 at 07:09 AM

do you have enough land to build a garage? in the long run it would probably be cheaper than renting one for what may be a very long time. Even a wooden structure would be fine or buy one second hand i.e. a big shed

Paul TVR - 30/4/19 at 12:43 PM

I built my GBS in a housing authority garage, had some LED lights running off a 12v battery, also a pair of leisure battery's on a 24 to 240v inverter, enough to run a pillar drill, grinders etc.

It wasn't too bad really and was the only option if I wanted go ahead with the build.

number-1 - 30/4/19 at 04:09 PM

Paul, what sort of LED lights do you use and roughly how long do you think the battery would last before charging again?

Cheers

N1