Board logo

Bespoked 2017 - UK handmade bicycle show
nick205 - 16/1/17 at 09:26 AM

Morning all,

As mentioned before I'm quite keen on cycling and on bicycles.

Just bought my wife, eldest son and I tickets for "Bespoked 2017", which is the UK handmade bicycle show in Bristol in April. Will be visiting with a couple of other cycling friends, Brother in Law and a friend from Bristol.

I think I'll take some cash for lunch and leave my wallet at home - to avoiding spending too much money!

If anyone else fancies going I'd be happy to meet up and say hello.

Visiting Saturday 8th April.

http://www.bespoked.cc/

GRRR - 16/1/17 at 11:45 PM

I've been a few times and love it, I'm sad enough to almost squeal with excitement when I get there as the bikes are stunning. Not much there to buy unless you want a frame. Just make sure you take a camera! The food is expensive but very good.

If you want to treat yourself to the best coffee and pastries in Bristol first then stop off at Harts Bakery before going in.

nick205 - 17/1/17 at 08:54 AM

Excellent feedback - thanks!

Must admit I've been watching some steel frame builders videos on YouTube recently. Admittedly most of them are TIG welding, but the skill and attention to finish and detail is really quite something to watch.

I'm not currently looking for a frame, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be talked into it. I do like the idea of being correctly "fitted" and having a frame purpose made for you.