Board logo

Williams : Formula 1 in the blood
number-1 - 18/2/19 at 02:03 AM

Not sure if this has been spoken about on here? Its a Documentary about Frank Williams and the F1 team. It was a really good watch. In my lifetime ive always known Frank to be in a wheelchair.

It was good to see what he was like before.

It was on BBC2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002p1x/williams-formula-1-in-the-blood

Mr Whippy - 18/2/19 at 06:57 AM

yeah watched it, was quite interesting

Strangely got the feeling, especially at the end they wanted to imply he was about to die!

steve m - 18/2/19 at 07:07 AM

We watched it as well, very good,
But wasn't Mansell a c0ck

Mr Whippy - 18/2/19 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m

But wasn't Mansell a c0ck

hmm I was too distracted at how big his eyebrows were

James - 18/2/19 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
yeah watched it, was quite interesting

Strangely got the feeling, especially at the end they wanted to imply he was about to die!

I've certainly heard from a very reputable source that he's not at all well.

StrikerChris - 18/2/19 at 11:16 PM

I saw that abit a go,quite a good watch.

Incidently I just found THIS . A straight talking Eddie Irvine talking about the Schumacher days and his views on modern F1 I found quite interesting.

Chris

liam.mccaffrey - 19/2/19 at 09:24 PM

Not seen the doco but isnt Frank already the longest lived peraon with his condition??

jps - 19/2/19 at 10:38 PM

Thanks to the OP for mentioning it on here, I would have likely missed it otherwise.

I had a poster of 'Red 5' on my bedroom wall growing up, so very interested to see a snippet of insight into that season.

In the late 90s/early 2000's I became a big cycling fan so, thanks to Lance Armstrong, the concept that highly successful sports people can be a) incredibly single minded about their endeavours and, b)hugely selfish at a personal level, was not news to me.

I do find it a shame that Williams occupy the place they do now on the grid.