Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: J15 Progress
Paul AS

posted on 10/1/13 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
J15 Progress

Uploaded some random build photos into my archive. I've still got no idea how to put them on here, even though I've read the process a dozen times!

Mapping session at Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield with Darren Winn tomorrow. Hopefully that will be a big box ticked and can move on the final bodywork!

Wish me luck!!

Paul.
[img]]http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/2074.JPG[/img][/img]

Jenko

posted on 10/1/13 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic...really good to to see another so far down the line........

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

inkafone

posted on 10/1/13 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Errr - good luck - what ECU are you using - would be interested to know how much power it makes. Your catalyst looks a bit high,how close is it to the bodywork? Looks like you've got the latest engine mounts - any engine movement with these??
Paul AS

posted on 10/1/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'm running an Omex 600 with an Omex engine loom. The engine starts and runs Ok with their standard map but smooth it is not! Should be by the end of tomorrow.

I'm hoping for 105 - 110 BHP. Its a standard 1.4 with only the manifold, sportcat, exhaust and ECU helping it out. I'll post when i get a real figure

The Cat is about 6 inches away from the bodywork, bit it will be wrapped and have a big heat shield before the rear shell goes on.

The engine doesn't move - well not much. There's no vibration back into the chassis at any point in the rev range so thats looking good. There is also a bottom, rear engine mount, only about 2 inches long, straight back to the chassis.

Paul

theprisioner

posted on 11/1/13 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
We are both about the same stage, you are slightly ahead of me having fitted the bodywork. We both have unconventional approaches to the fuel tank I note. I wish you luck with the IVA man. Like yourself I see nothing wrong with the approah just breaking new ground I guess. Great to see some of your build pics. Even your choice of bodywork colour is the same as me. I hope to do IVA in March (ish) What about yourself?
Paul AS

posted on 11/1/13 at 12:46 AM Reply With Quote
As long as I make Le Mans in Late June I'll be a happy boy!!
Paul AS

posted on 11/1/13 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well - the massive good news is that the engine is strong. 105.1 bhp. Lambda sensor has an intermitant fault so needs replacing. The torque curve is virtually flat, min 90 at 2000 and max 101 at 5500. Bhp still over 100 at 6500 rpm.

Emissions spot so no worries in that respect.

Slight bummer - the rad fan doesnt kick in at any temperature. Fix that over the weekend.

Happy camper. Now wheres that fibreglass??

inkafone

posted on 11/1/13 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
My 1600 on an Emerald & CDA airbox is supposed to be 130 so 105 is about right. Emmisions on the Mojo with Sylva's cat-exhaust in one box were very low at the last MOT. The sigma engine is very flexible and pulls 5th @ 1500rpm plus give an easy 40mpg+. The puma 1700 gearbox has better ratios,especially 1st gear.
Jenko

posted on 12/1/13 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul AS
Well - the massive good news is that the engine is strong. 105.1 bhp. Lambda sensor has an intermitant fault so needs replacing. The torque curve is virtually flat, min 90 at 2000 and max 101 at 5500. Bhp still over 100 at 6500 rpm.

Emissions spot so no worries in that respect.

Slight bummer - the rad fan doesnt kick in at any temperature. Fix that over the weekend.

Happy camper. Now wheres that fibreglass??

Good result, well done getting this far....my wife had a fiesta with this engine...it was great fun.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

nickm

posted on 12/1/13 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good.
Cant wait to see others cars getting finished over the summer, as it will give me a morale boost.
Agree with Jenkos comment about the d/shafts thats why it takes me so long to much thinking not enough action.

Nick M

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.