Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which hill climb?
I predict a Riot

posted on 13/4/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Which hill climb?

Having got the Riot on the road late last summer I have been enjoying getting out on the lovely roads around home, I live three miles away from Cadwell park so I have managed a few track days too, but I want to try a hill climb event.

I must admit to knowing nothing about the hill climb scene and I don't really want to make any alterations to the car.

It has been built for fast road use primarily and I just want to get an experience of a hill climb and running against similar cars.

Where do I start?

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

PAUL FISHER

posted on 13/4/13 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Speak to/U2U "mookaloid" on here, he knows his stuff about hill climb regs etc, Harewood is near to you
mookaloid

posted on 13/4/13 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
He he thank you Paul - it's been a couple of years now but a good start would be the school at Harewood here You might need to do a little modification on your car to be able to compete but they are a helpful and friendly bunch on the school day so they will tell you what you need to do.

Whether you can be competitive or not is another matter.

This is what a run looks like - The lines are not too bad on this If I may say so myself

Let me know if you want to ask any thing.

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

I predict a Riot

posted on 13/4/13 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you Mark, that's just what I wanted.

I'll make contact with Harewood and go on one of the instructional days.

I'm not too worried about being competitive it's more about testing the car and gaining more performance driving experience - for now.

Regards Adrian

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

Volvorsport

posted on 14/4/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
curborough is not too far either...

theres more sprints in lincolnshire than hillcimbs.........!!

and cadwell is used as one of them , depending on where you register /car club/ license type etc ...

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

EX01

posted on 1/5/13 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I follow my Father and brother in law around as they hillclimb, (hoping to as well once I build my car).
The Harewood instructional day is brilliant, but I would say get to an event or two and just wander around the pits and chat to people.

The events are really grass roots and friendly, U2U me if you’re going to a North West Event and would be happy to introduce you to some people in the paddock, defiantly will be at Harewood and Anglesey.

Unless you’re going into standard production class you won’t be winning anything without mega cash, I see more people gravitating to that class it is getting very popular, and give yourself a couple of seasons to just get used to the circuits, don’t try too hard and enjoy it.

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.