Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy to GT
MK9R

posted on 5/12/02 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Indy to GT

Was going to build an MK Indy with ZX9R engine, but now considering the mid engined option MK GT. Cant make my mind up!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macca

posted on 5/12/02 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Went over to MK on saturday, first time I have delt with them.
Was like poppin down to your mates, everybody was so friendly. Anyway the GT1 was outside and spent a long time crawling all over it.
Liked everything about it (except for the ali vents screwed on the front wings).Not sure what you get for your 3 1/2k but as cheap as it may look(the price not the car) I will have a completed bec on the road for less!

Col

PS If I could afford one, I'd have one!!

[Edited on 5/12/02 by Macca]

[Edited on 5/12/02 by Macca]

Alan B

posted on 5/12/02 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Do you guys (or anyone) know anyone who is building one? I'd love to folow a build diary.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 5/12/02 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
think Jon Ison is ,hes gonna race it next year,ps send some sun its freeeeeeeezin here
ProjectLMP

posted on 5/12/02 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think www.totalkitcar.com are going to do a build series on it. That car definately needs a rear wing with that large front splitter. I hear it has a bit of a high speed oversteer problem because of the imbalance. However, I wouldn't let that worry you, either cut down the splitter or fit a wing and/or diffuser.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

Macca

posted on 5/12/02 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
They did have a wing on it when I visited but its "still under development", as they are unhappy with the weight.
Col

ProjectLMP

posted on 5/12/02 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I knew they were working on a bunch of things including aero and suspension tweeks. Took a look at the web site and they now show the version with a rollbar and wing.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

locodude

posted on 10/12/02 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Track test at Elvington next week, will post results if I can get day off work, hoping to test tangerine Dream's new tyres and brakes!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.