Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Transporter Trailer - For Sale
HOL

posted on 17/4/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Car Transporter Trailer - For Sale

Looking for £400 all inclusive of the trailer and 4 wheel straps used about 4 times.

Im putting this up for sale both here and an Pistonheads.

Its a well thought out car transprter that started out life as an ALCO Braked caravan chassis.

Its a good size, ahas been designed to take both wide and narrow cars and will fit in a standard garage, with the car on top. It was specifically designed so I could roll the car on/off of it, whilst still in the garage.

I bought the trailer off of another Locoster already with with the winch but the existing bed and ramps were a bit tired looking. When AshG needed a trailer for his Haynes car, we decided to cut everything off and start again.

A lot of new heavy duty parts were bought and some of the really good design features were taken from the popular trailer makes.

The four main load bearing beds of the trailer are made out of 25mm box section, spaced about 50mm apart running front to back. The box section is very well braced underneath and ot the main frame and no amount of 18 stone people bouncing on it could make it move at all.
The beds are also covered by new 19mm marine ply, but to be honest its just overkill and you could run it without.

There are two long and VERY sturdy ramps that stow between the beds.

The ramps are easy for one person to put in/out and are locked down by proper spring loaded ramp retaining pins. You just slide the ramps home and they 'lock'. Car loading is easily a one person job with this trailer.

There are two new rear stays (and two front wind down jacking arms for very uneven surfaces). The rear stays are mounted in board so that they keep the width of the trailer to the minimum.

The mud guards are removeable for loading unloading, just like some of the clubman type trailers. Only one is shown in the pics.

There is a heavy duty winch on the front of the trailer which can easily pull a car up the ramp and over the trailers tyres if the front wheelbase is wide. This is how the Taylor car was loaded.

The handbrake, run on brake and emergency release brake all work perfectly.

Electics are currenly provided by a trailer board, but there is a brand new number plate light, so the trailer lights can be mounted direct.
There are also two new unfitted side running lights that come with the trailer, and wirining is already in place.

The jockey wheel was new, as is the heavy duty cast clamp, as the normal pressed steel ones are prone to failure.

The trailer also comes with a separate spare wheel, which can be bolted to the frame.

If I get the full asking price, the trailer also come with 4 x blue ratchet wheel straps that only Ash has used for a couple of shows, the IVA and photo shoot.

So basically a complete locost package for £400.00.

[Edited on 17/4/10 by HOL]

[Edited on 17/4/10 by HOL]

Super Six Sold -
Proton AWD Turbo Hatch Track Car.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 17/4/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Wow what a transformation....

Nice to see you again at 7indulgence.

Hope trailer goes to a good home.

Can vouch that it tows very well with or without weight on it.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Macbeast

posted on 17/4/10 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Am sending U2U

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

HOL

posted on 18/4/10 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Trailer Now sold.

Thank you to all those that showed interest.

As Ben says it tows really well.

I am sorry to see it go, but my new track car will be too heavy. (For the trailer and the tow car )

[Edited on 18/4/10 by HOL]

Super Six Sold -

HOL

posted on 18/4/10 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Wow what a transformation....

It was hard work, but in the end I was smart and let AshG do most (nearly all) of it!!!

I quickly saw his structural welding was much better than mine!!!

Super Six Sold -

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.