Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Grow a tash in aid of prostate cancer........now with progress photos inside
mads

posted on 18/10/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Grow a tash in aid of prostate cancer........now with progress photos inside

Dear all,
Following on from my previous post about growing a tash and needing a team name, I would like to invite you all to join the growing club of modern gentlemen who believe in the virtues of fine moustachery, immaculate grooming and growing a moustache for Movember. I am looking for like-minded ladies and gentlemen to join my team to change the face of men’s health.

Movember is about raising funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. One man dies every hour from the disease in the UK.

It’s time we did something about this.

The more people we get on board, the more lives we can impact. I am asking you to join the team and either grow a moustache as a Mo Bro, or join as a Mo Sista to help us on our journey.

To join my Movember team go to http://uk.movember.com/register/100538 and follow the steps. Once registered you'll be sent all the information you need to raise funds and start growing as part of my Movember team.

To see the impact Movember citizens are already making, follow this link http://uk.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.

As you can see, it is all for a good cause and a bit of fun on the way. As there are so many men on this website, I have no doubt that there are a number of us who may have been affected or will be affected by prostate problems. Similarly, for the ladies on the forum it could affect your man, dad, brother, son, nephew, uncle etc.

I hope you join me to change the face of men’s health.

Regards,

Atif

[Edited on 18/10/10 by mads]

[Edited on 7-11-10 by Fozzie]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

nick205

posted on 18/10/10 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Now this thread is going to need photos - lots of photos before and after
mads

posted on 18/10/10 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Now this thread is going to need photos - lots of photos before and after

lol... definitely... just need people to join up! Come on Nick, be the first the volunteer your top lip for a good cause!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

TimEllershaw

posted on 18/10/10 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
We joined the "Tashback" appeal a couple of years ago. Raised about £500 :

My wife has promised to divorce me if I ever grow a tash again....

...tempting

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 18/10/10 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
lol Tim... great pic!!! I'm sure you could persuade her into letting you grow one for just a month!

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 18/10/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Im in !

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mad4x4

posted on 18/10/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in

Before we start

This is not going to be pretty

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

mads

posted on 18/10/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you both. Come on the rest of you... there's been 194 views of this topic and only two joined up - so what if you will look ridiculous with a Mo for one month

skodaman

posted on 18/10/10 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe the rest of us already look ridiculous.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad4x4

posted on 18/10/10 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Maybe the rest of us already look ridiculous.

I do.... I proved it by posting my mugshot! So come on Grow a TASH

Off topic slightly - Google - COLONOSCOPY thats not fun either.......

[Edited on 18/1010/10 by mad4x4]

Andybarbet

posted on 18/10/10 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ive already got one, well, its a goaty but my wife said she will wear a fake tash and join in, shes serious too - we will post up some pics here to prove it, she said she will even wear it at work.

What do you reckon ??? Should she ?

Before anyone comments, she cant grow one ! Honest

Good luck chaps

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mads

posted on 18/10/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Ive already got one, well, its a goaty but my wife said she will wear a fake tash and join in, shes serious too - we will post up some pics here to prove it, she said she will even wear it at work.

What do you reckon ??? Should she ?

Before anyone comments, she cant grow one ! Honest

Good luck chaps

Definitely do it!!! She can be a Mo Sista!! Get her to sign up and then she add photos to the Movember site and get people to donate there.

Andy - you could always change from a goatee to something a bit more wacky...
Go to: http://uk.movember.com/the-lodge/

and then click on the photo above the fireplace to look at International Movember of the Year

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 18/10/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

skodaman

posted on 18/10/10 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
What I meant was I've already got one.

Skodaman

mad4x4

posted on 19/10/10 at 05:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
What I meant was I've already got one.

Well shave it OFF and start again for MO VEMBER - if your lucky you may only look silly for a few days at the START.

mads

posted on 20/10/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
come on gents (and ladies), I do not believe that there have been over 300 views and only 2 people have signed up!

Andybarbet

posted on 20/10/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
As per U2U, me and the wife are in, does anyone have any pointers on where she can get a fake tash ???

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mads

posted on 21/10/10 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
I think she should get one of these:

Fancy Dress Costume Squire Gentleman Tash Moustache on eBay (end time 25-Nov-10 16:17:21 GMT)

[Edited on 21/10/10 by mads]

Andybarbet

posted on 21/10/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Im loving that tash, might just order it before she looks at the picture

PERFECT !

mads

posted on 22/10/10 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
lol... harsh!!! I've just got one of my colleagues to participate and she is going to MAKE a moustache for herself!

MikeR

posted on 22/10/10 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
from ???
Andybarbet

posted on 22/10/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote

Surely not from her own offcuts ???

mads

posted on 23/10/10 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
lol... no (at least I dont think so). I will keep you updated on her progress.

Andy - you bought that tash for your wife yet?!

Andybarbet

posted on 23/10/10 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Well, she has decided on a nice jet black tash because she is a blonde that should stand out even better !

Mind you, i got blonde facial hair so may need some black magic marker to make it stand out for me

Got a kid free day tomorrow so apart from some garage time, we will sort out registering & tash buying, should be a right laugh.

Anyone else up for it ???

mads

posted on 24/10/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
i'm surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for this. particularly as it can affect one in ten men.

I managed to get an article in the weekly update that goes around at work as most of the men in my dept are doing it so will be seen by approx 3000 people. Also planning to get a snippet in the local newspaper next week hopefully

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.