Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More Ebay Morons
loggyboy

posted on 27/2/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
More Ebay Morons

I was selling an Oven, new, but faulty. I listed it and intentionally did not hide the fact it was faulty, the last line of the title was 'fault' (ran out of chracters for faulty!)
The first sentence of the main listing explained the fault.

Winning bidder emails me 10 mins after the end:
[put on whiney voice]'I am really sorry but can i cancel my bid on the oven, I didnt see the fault initally as there was < 1 minute on the auction.'[/]

HOW...?
Honestly who expects to get a BRAND NEW WORKING OVEN worth over £550 for £36???

Thank god the 2nd chance offer went to someone with lots of positive feedback so should be ok.

[/rant]

[Edited on 27/2/11 by loggyboy]

Ninehigh

posted on 27/2/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
"No you f**king well can't, it's as described and why should I be punished because you've not learned to read?"

mookaloid

posted on 27/2/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
"No you f**king well can't, it's as described and why should I be punished because you've not learned to read?"

As above /\ but file a non paying bidder report

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

r1_pete

posted on 27/2/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

As above / but file a non paying bidder report

I agree, but whats the point revving yourself up, by the time its over the under bidder probably wouldn't be interested any longer.

Just hope he's copped for the virus that eBay seems to be infected with this weekend.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
orton1966

posted on 27/2/11 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay crooks and morons!

Unfortunately many ebay users appear to be morons or crooks, I feel your pain about buyers who want to change their mind, using the excuse of not reading the listing properly is just crap.

I know you listed clearly and correctly so what follows doesn’t refer to you.

My personal frustrations are people who use the following phrases in ad’s:

Selling for a friend so unable to answer questions – means there is something obvious that people will want to know and if I answer negatively it will lower the value of the item.

Believed to be working but unable to test so sold as seen – means it probably doesn’t work but I want people to believe it probably does to achieve a higher price.

I don’t really know anything about these but someone told me it is the xyz (more desirable) model – Means I know it isn’t the most desirable version but by implying it might be will up the sale price

loggyboy

posted on 27/2/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
I jinxed myself, the next highest bidder, just tried to barter down.... to below the 3rd highest bidder! DERRR?!
Ninehigh

posted on 27/2/11 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Does a real auction work like that? You bid to buy not to barter on the price... If the second guy won would he be doing this? No.

balidey

posted on 28/2/11 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
I remember when Ebay first started. It used to be good back then.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

eddbaz

posted on 28/2/11 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Does a real auction work like that? You bid to buy not to barter on the price... If the second guy won would he be doing this? No.

The problem is people get their mates to bid the price of the item up, then offer you a second chance offer with some made up excuse why the highest bidder can't buy,thus inflating the price,I always turn down second chance offers because of this.

TheGecko

posted on 28/2/11 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddbazThe problem is people get their mates to bid the price of the item up, then offer you a second chance offer with some made up excuse why the highest bidder can't buy,thus inflating the price,I always turn down second chance offers because of this.
Sorry but, what??

You bid on an item up to $X and the winning bid is $X+1. Then the winning bid is withdrawn for whatever reason and you're offered another chance to buy at $X. Why is that now an inflated price but it wasn't when you made the original bid? Were you not bidding in good faith?

Confused......

loggyboy

posted on 28/2/11 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGecko
quote:
Originally posted by eddbazThe problem is people get their mates to bid the price of the item up, then offer you a second chance offer with some made up excuse why the highest bidder can't buy,thus inflating the price,I always turn down second chance offers because of this.
Sorry but, what??

You bid on an item up to $X and the winning bid is $X+1. Then the winning bid is withdrawn for whatever reason and you're offered another chance to buy at $X. Why is that now an inflated price but it wasn't when you made the original bid? Were you not bidding in good faith?

Confused......

What he is saying as the person you were bidding against may not have been a real bidder, its called Shil bidding and strangely, its allowed in real auctions (can even be done by the auctioneer!), but its against ebay policy.

So say you have 3 peeps bidding, 2 real, 1 shill bidder. the 1st real bidder backs out at £10, but the 2nd real bids up to £20, but the shill wins at £21, the 2nd chance offer will come to the 2nd real bidder at £20, but technically he should have won it for £11.

tegwin

posted on 28/2/11 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balidey
I remember when Ebay first started. It used to be good back then.
#]

Yes... before it got taken over by morons and companies selling 1000's of the same item.... If I want to buy from a company I go to google.... if I want to buy from a private seller I should be able to use ebay.... not that this works anymore!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.