Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RTM: LA BALA comes to UK
Chris Ridgers

posted on 21/3/11 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
RTM: LA BALA comes to UK

Good evening,

I feel as though i should introduce myself, as until now I have been very quiet on the forums.
My name is Chris and over the last few months have been setting up R-Tec Motorsports (RTM) a new company that will introduce a new Kit car into the UK.

The car which I am sure a lot of you have heard of, or seen before, is the "LA BALA" from GraberCars.
The car has come along way in the last few years and I am now excited to announce the next evolution of the La Bala chassis - the LB2.

Featuring a totally independent front and rear suspension, an integrated SCCA/NASA spec race cage and updated bodywork, this new chassis design fulfills both street performance and track requirements. The updated LB2 design also offers optional full-size doors for those builders focusing more on street driving.

Currently at RTM we are building our show car the La Bala "R" which uses the VXR 1.6 turbo engine and 6-speed gearbox.

In the next few weeks will be launching our Website/ Build Blog.

For those of you would can't wait I have included a few sneak pics below..

If you wish to find out more or have any questions feel free to email me at Info@rtecmotorsports.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
YQUSTA

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I think that looks

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

GRRR

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent stuff - good luck with the venture, looking forward to seeing the website and some pricing!
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hows Steve G? Tell him we all miss him....

Just go back and see that car was designed on this forum..... Think most had a hand in putting a point over on that design

Chris Ridgers

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Steve is very well, although struggling a bit with his back at the moment.
Indeed a lot of input came from this forum so wanted everyone here to be the first to know of our news.
And hope everyone is excited as I am.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Great news! and good luck!
femster87

posted on 21/3/11 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
cost please
matty h

posted on 21/3/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
looks very nice,will be intrested to see how it develops.keep us posted on progress.
Volvorsport

posted on 21/3/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
i asked steve a while back how much it would be to import that bodywork/chassis !!

anyway , is it all made in the us or uk under licence ?

its a very nice looking body shape , a NASP 5 cylinder would go and sound very good .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Chris Ridgers

posted on 21/3/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Currently we import the chassis and bodywork from the US as we don't have the rights to make it here.

[Edited on 21/3/11 by Chris Ridgers]

hughpinder

posted on 22/3/11 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Always like the look of this car. Will you be getting the roll cage FIA certified, as (I assume) a SCCA/NASA cert isn't usefull this side of the pond? Looks strong enough though

Regards
Hugh

Chris Ridgers

posted on 22/3/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I also assume that the SCCA/NASA does not mean much over here. Yes we aim to get roll cage FIA certified.

I double checked the info i had today. Referencing the "Blue Book" today I do not think it will be much of a problem

Link if anyone wants to see: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/152-190%20Competitor%20Safety.pdf

Chris Ridgers

posted on 7/4/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
RTM Update

Been very busy the last few weeks, bodywork is now hung. Steering and suspension installed.
With our website due to launch in just under 3 weeks, thought I would post a few more pictures of progress until then.

Tris

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I so nearly went for one of these, but in the end the hassle of importing and the dollar/pound ratio made me look for easier options.
It is great news for me then that someone has decided to take up the challenge and officially import them - have you looked into IVA'ing one of these ? Where abouts in the country are you ?

Chris Ridgers

posted on 7/4/11 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
We are currently based in Worcestershire. We plan to IVA the La Bala and have worked hard to make sure it passes. I can't see any major problems at all. But as with the testing I'm sure something will crop up.
kendo

posted on 7/4/11 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Are you going to be at the Stoneleigh show?
Chris Ridgers

posted on 7/4/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'm hoping to make it but I'm sure the la Bala won't be ready by then
Fred W B

posted on 7/4/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Is it an optical thing, but those rear lower wishbones look like they are missing a diagional?

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

mgmiller

posted on 7/4/11 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
I'm looking for a new kit to build, this may be a contender.

Does it come with any wet weather options?

Whats the cost and what are the engine options?, big v8 maybe :-)

Cheers

mark

nick205

posted on 7/4/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
and

Always thought this was a great development and pleased to see it over here now.

Now where's my hammer, I need to get into that piggy bank!

Chris Ridgers

posted on 8/4/11 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B
Is it an optical thing, but those rear lower wishbones look like they are missing a diagional?

Cheers

Fred W B

Sorry Fred W B it is my magical camera skills

quote:
Originally posted by mgmiller
I'm looking for a new kit to build, this may be a contender.

Does it come with any wet weather options?

Whats the cost and what are the engine options?, big v8 maybe :-)

Cheers

mark

mgmiller soon as the La Bala is finished next on the list is a removable hard top which is well underway. Check out this videos Steve made awhile ago show the general shape of a 3piece roof. ( video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejhnm5NXCHE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYSr2V-SDI

You can just about fit any engine you can think of already in america we have a V8 Northstar La Bala (video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6eyp0-R1mk

Im not a registered trader on the site yet so don't want to start listing prices, plus this is more informational rather than trying to sell at the moment. But feel free to email me at info@rtecmotorsport.com

Shame it looks like another nice day outside, another day in the workshop for me

Chris Ridgers

posted on 8/4/11 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
and

Always thought this was a great development and pleased to see it over here now.

Now where's my hammer, I need to get into that piggy bank!

Thanks for the comment Nick

coyoteboy

posted on 8/4/11 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Wow, a transverse v8?! Only an american production car could be big enough to achieve that!

Nice looking car.

[Edited on 8/4/11 by coyoteboy]

Alan B

posted on 8/4/11 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Wow, a transverse v8?! Only an american production car could be big enough to achieve that!

Nice looking car.

[Edited on 8/4/11 by coyoteboy]

IIRC the lambo Muira was a transverse V12.....

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/4/11 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Nice car wonder how the panels would fit on a donor lotus elise chassis.........

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.