Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road Tax Rant
coozer

posted on 1/4/11 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Road Tax Rant

Ha ha, the .gov are out to bankrupt the whole f*%$£ing lot of us!

Just paid £118.25 to tax the MNR for 6 months and checked the Shogun.. its gone up £15!

Your £205 rate is now £215.

How do we get rid of the current system and get out of Europe!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

marcjagman

posted on 1/4/11 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
It is pricey but still cheaper than what a lot of Europe pays on their toll roads.
MikeRJ

posted on 1/4/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Ha ha, the .gov are out to bankrupt the whole f*%$£ing lot of us!

Just paid £118.25 to tax the MNR for 6 months and checked the Shogun.. its gone up £15!

Your £205 rate is now £215.

How do we get rid of the current system and get out of Europe!

A tenner a year isn't exactly the end of the world, but with the ridiculous fuel prices now if takes the wee a bit.

MikeR

posted on 1/4/11 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Reality,

the gov needs X billion of tax to keep going.

Its trying to cut the amount it spends, therefore the amount it needs except everyone objects to services being cut.

Road tax doesn't get spent on the roads, just like NI doesn't just fund the NHS.

If you don't pay road tax, they'll tax something else to get the money in. At least with road tax you have a choice / chance to avoid paying some of it buy driving a different vehicle.

ali f27

posted on 1/4/11 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I taxed mine yesterday for the 1st and paid 112 must have gone up on the first not interested in any political party but concerned about this lot dont seem to have a basic understanding of maths and its vital we have the country back on track have a feeling we aint seen nothing yet.
Why cant we employ some people from somewhere else to run the counrty if we cant find enyone capable here i certianly would not employ any of our politicians to run my company bet fuel makes £1.50 a litre this summer.
Lorrys run on diesal fact, everything we buy gets ride on lorry fact, fuel up 25% in 6 months fact, gov says inflation 4% lie how thick do they thing we are whats realy sad is i think they belive what they say must have gone to a different school to me

myke pocock

posted on 1/4/11 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well, you all have a choice. UKIP, Greens, BNP etc but if your going down that route it better be in big enough numbers or we will end up with what it is now. I agree that passing comment on sites like this is useful but it has to go further or else this just ends up as a winge and pressure relief system and nought else. Concerted effort by a lot of people is what is needed and that requires a lot of control, co-ordination and ruthless dedication. Any independant organisation out there want to give it a try? I bet not!
MikeRJ

posted on 1/4/11 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Reality,

Reality: we are paying 15% more for fuel than we were 12 months ago.

sonic

posted on 1/4/11 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I just taxed an IS200 Lexus today and it cost £143 for 6 months.

Wait till they put it through the roof to cover the cost of the pothole repairs!

Its funny how they have been getting road tax out of us for years and years and putting the cost up all the time, but now they need to spend some money for pothole repairs there is no money.

Taking the P--S i think.

I was talking to an MD of a large house hold name company in York the other week and he said they have had employees with them for over 20 years who live in Leeds / Harrogate etc who are qualified people.

They are now resigning there positions and getting local jobs to home because they can no longer afford to run a car to work with the petrol costs etc, he said those people with there skill based over many years are non replaceable locally.

Now you might say that they should pay them more money but companies cannot afford to do that under the present climate and its only going to get worse.

We may now see a trend were companies are closing because they cannot get the skilled people they require to run there business even though people are out of work.

daviep

posted on 1/4/11 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
These threads make me laugh, moan all you like but it aint going to get better in the near future.

The squeeze has only just strated and everybody is crying already, wait until things really start to bite. This isn't going to be another of our magic six month recessions, things might start looking better in 5 or 6 years time. In the meantime we can expect less public spending and the weak pound to push the price of imported commodities up.

The hard facts are we have all had it to good for too long, and now the elastic credit cards that the country has been running on are all maxed out and we need to start repaying.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

A1

posted on 1/4/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
theyre taking the wee right across the board. if you think about it, theyve raised the vat the same amount as they dropped it, so that was a pretty hollow gesture... then theres the rediculous amount we pay for fuel... cant even have a pint now without getting shafted. its getting slightly wearing.

as i always say, we could cut benefits so only those who actually cant work get money for nothing. (dont mention redundancy-i have a plan for that!) Im sick of meeting people my age that are apparently 'disabled' and therefore cant work, even though they can do everything else fine and expect decent folk to pay for them!!

ill stop now.

well put davie

[Edited on 1/4/11 by A1]

coozer

posted on 1/4/11 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
According to today's Express we pay UE £77B ever year.. need I say any more?

And you who know me, I am jobless. I tried signing on but believe me that was worse than being skint! I rely on an agency and work ad hoc. Sometimes 6 days a week and sometimes none, anything in between.

Me and wor lass have tried to get work tax (she works 25 hours a week) and guess what? We are not entitled to it...

Beleive me this lying government is seriously pissing me off

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

daviep

posted on 1/4/11 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
According to today's Express we pay UE £77B ever year.. need I say any more?

And you who know me, I am jobless. I tried signing on but believe me that was worse than being skint! I rely on an agency and work ad hoc. Sometimes 6 days a week and sometimes none, anything in between.

Me and wor lass have tried to get work tax (she works 25 hours a week) and guess what? We are not entitled to it...

Beleive me this lying government is seriously pissing me off

So you drive a kitcar and a 4x4 and your complaining about the cost to run them, in my book they both come under the term "luxury", if you can't afford to run them then get rid, if you can stop moaning about it.

This is exactly why the country is up the spout, because the government didn't/doesn't have the balls to tell me/you that we don't have the right to have certain luxuries and that it's just tough.

Sorry to be harsh but I make what I would regard as good money but live a significantly lower class of lifestyle than most of my mates, the result being that I can afford to run 1x car 1x van 1x kitcar and 1x bike, I can't however afford a new TV or mobile phone or Ipod or a holiday every year but that's my choice.

Davie

tegwin

posted on 1/4/11 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Davie, you do have a very good point there, but if I work my backside off to get a decent salary so I can buy these "luxuries" the ammount I get taxed every step of the way quite simply puts me off.....

I cant see me pushing myself to get a job like that, most likeley stay self employed and earn the minimum so I dont have to bend over for the privilage of living...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

loggyboy

posted on 1/4/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
My Volvo costs £30 a year

russbost

posted on 1/4/11 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
You have to be realistic, the combination of the previous government who lied monumentally about the state of our finances & in 13 years managed to turn a massive SURPLUS into a much much more massive DEFICIT & then completely buried their heads in the sand as there was an election coming up & they didn't want to admit the parlous state of the economy, coupled with a global banking crisis (caused by greedy thieving money grabbing w**kers) who, surprise surprise are now back to their same old habits & don't appear to have lost a penny of their OWN money, added to a massive global hike in the oil price (this has NOTHING to do with our government) & add in one of the coldest winters with worst weather on record for god knows how long & you should hardly be surprised we need to tighten our belts!!! It's simple maths, you can't go on dishing it out if you're not earning it!

Perhaps if we genuinely clamped down on crime, benefit scroungers, illegal immigrants & stopped spending quite so many millions on being politically correct, administration, HR & health & safety budgets we might all be a bit better off - one of the biggest problems is that if the government (ANY government of any persuasion) actually did what needs to be done you'd have the entire media & loads of liberal bleeding hearts screaming blue murder about political oppresion & invasion of civil rights - we've spent so long being namby pamby & Nanny Stated that we no longer know how to look after ourselves, look at the generation who survived the war, they wouldn't be whingeing about our current lifestyle, they'd be very jealous!
Sorry, rant over

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
CraigJ

posted on 1/4/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
it has just cost £245 to tax the Ka, Leon and z750 bike for 6 months. i feel violated.

scootz

posted on 1/4/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
The hard facts are we have all had it to good for too long, and now the elastic credit cards that the country has been running on are all maxed out and we need to start repaying.

ABC... accuracy... brevity... clarity!

It's Evolution Baby!

marcjagman

posted on 1/4/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Not wanting to start any sort of political arguement I will air my opinions, and that's all it is, an opinion. People of a certain age like me may remember a certain Maggie Thatcher. In her reign the country had low unemployment, loads of money and all was well............or was it. Gas, electric were privatised as were telephone companies, car companies and so on, everything EXCEPT the Royal Mail and surprise surprise RM is making profits and still going strong, what happened to the rest of the industries? coal, cars and so on, not there any more. I am a qualified engineer by trade and there are very few jobs in my field as it's cheaper to import things now. Maybe, just maybe we are still paying for mistakes made by a government that was in power some 30 years ago as the country has no industries left that used to provide income for the country. Just my opinion and I am sure there are some that will agree and some that wont.
The Black Flash

posted on 1/4/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail? Making Profits and going strong? The Royal Mail with unfunded pension liabilities of 8 BILLION pounds which made a loss of 333 MILLION last year, and 200 million the year before that ? That RM?
myke pocock

posted on 1/4/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
What REALY gets on my ti*s are the Tory to**ers who continually say that it is the fault of the previous administration that we are in this position now. Do they REALY think that things would have been any better with them in place? I think the Chuckle Brothers (CAMCLEG) have been wielding a big stick and sending out a script for the ConDem faithfull to spew out at every opportunity.
And I do, of course, agree with the Maggie theory.

bj928

posted on 1/4/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
well i have had enough of this country, and should be back off to america to work in a few weeks, more money in my pocket, and fuel at just 55p a litre, and my visa means i don't pay tax in either country, game on, i have a choice, and decided to leave, anyone wishing to join me, would the last one out please turn off the light
McLannahan

posted on 1/4/11 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bj928
well i have had enough of this country, and should be back off to america to work in a few weeks, more money in my pocket, and fuel at just 55p a litre, and my visa means i don't pay tax in either country, game on, i have a choice, and decided to leave, anyone wishing to join me, would the last one out please turn off the light

BJ ....was it hard to find a job over there? I'd love to be brave enough to move to another country but that would be my worry, could I get a decent reliable well paying job! Is it driving you do?

Dangle_kt

posted on 1/4/11 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
My sister lives in Ireland.

There road tax is about 5 times ours.

daviep

posted on 1/4/11 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
my visa means i don't pay tax in either country

Really? How does that work?

I only ask as I work abroad a lot but have never managed to dodge the tax yet.

Davie

bj928

posted on 1/4/11 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:
my visa means i don't pay tax in either country

Really? How does that work?

I only ask as I work abroad a lot but have never managed to dodge the tax yet.

Davie

the visa i'm on (farming H2A) is tax exempt in the USA, they assume its a low pay job, short term, so don't want to mess with tax, but i can stay all year and do other duties over the winter, but i run a 18 wheeler all year round and earn about £2000 a month in my pocket, live in the truck, just have to pay out for a bit of food , to get round the UK tax, is to spend less than 91 days in the UK in any financial year ( april to april ), and be paid by an employer outside the EU, while working for a company outside the EU, so as i'm employed by an American company, paid by that company, and a tax exempt visa, i'm very happy

another good thing with the visa, it gets me a social security number, this lets me get a US bank account, US drivers licence, mobile on contract, and anything that is linked to the SS number, and most stuff in America is linked to SS number,

also, if you own a vehicle in america for 6 months while working there, you don't pay duty or vat when you ship it to uk, as long as you keep it a year in the UK, so you can find the right car and ship it to make some money tax free this way as well

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.