Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mot's and emmisions question
rf900rush

posted on 17/11/11 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mot's and emmisions question

Hi

Has anyone managed to get DVLA to add the emmisions test values to their V5C's

Spoke to VOSA about adding the Emmision data to their data base.
I got . No idea on doing that, please email us.

Plus has any one got how old the donar war on the V5C.
Mine says first built/reg. 2003, and no record of me using 1988 donar parts.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 17/11/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Out of curiosity Why would you want the emissons added ?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

coozer

posted on 17/11/11 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Was thinking the same thing...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

adithorp

posted on 17/11/11 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rf900rush
Hi

Has anyone managed to get DVLA to add the emmisions test values to their V5C's

Spoke to VOSA about adding the Emmision data to their data base.
I got . No idea on doing that, please email us.

Plus has any one got how old the donar war on the V5C.
Mine says first built/reg. 2003, and no record of me using 1988 donar parts.

If it's built using '88 donor parts then I assume you have either a '88 age related plate or a Q. If it's a Q then the test is visable smoke only and if an age related it'll be the pre '95 limits, which you passed at SVA.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

rf900rush

posted on 17/11/11 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Come MOT time the tester has to go through the manual each time to figure out what to test for.
The MOT computer has no info on my car.
The manual is at best confusing.

My car Was tested at the SVA at 4.5% CO and 1200ppm HC. ('94 engine)
My car now has a 2004/5 engine.
MY V5C has info showing the original Engine year, or Donar age.
So it looks like it hads to be tested with a CAT, Which has hever had to have.

So if the V5C stated the CO / HC that it was SVA'ed come the MOT time it should be easier. I hope

The last thing I want is Vosa / DVLA losing old data and no records of the SVA results ETC. and them saying I need a CAT test.

[Edited on 17/11/11 by rf900rush]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
COREdevelopments

posted on 17/11/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Try this link below. Its an official mot flow chart which should be present at all mot stations for the testers to read. Is your car age related plate or Q? Either way if your car is age related and does not state any emmision limits. Then really it could have a non cat test as the tester can not find an exact match in the emmision database. LINKY

Hope this helps, Also it helps to find a kitcat friendly mot station if you can.

also here is another link regarding kitcar v5 emissions but you probably have already seen.

Regards

Roblinky

[Edited on 17/11/11 by COREdevelopments]

MikeRJ

posted on 17/11/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
From the MOT Manual.

quote:
3. Vehicle 'first used' dates - application of test criteria
b. Vehicles having a Q plate registration when presented for MOT are to
be treated as being first used on 1 January 1971,

quote:
Examples of 'first used' dates
i. The exhaust emission test for a vehicle first used before August 1975 is a visual check only. Vehicles first used on or after 1 st August 1975 are also subject to only a visual check if they were manufactured before February 1975 (i.e. 6 months or more before August 1975).

If there are no limits shown on the V5C, then the tester should treat the car as one built prior to 1971, and therefore a visible smoke test. I certainly wouldn't be getting any emissions limits added to the V5C unless I had to.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread and see you haven't actually said if it's a Q or not. If not then the flowchart above should be followed.

[Edited on 17/11/11 by MikeRJ]

rb968

posted on 17/11/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Forgive my ignorance here but my newly registered and iva'd Mk Indy has the emissions it was tested at on the notes on the front of the V5 I received.......

But..........

When have you ever presented your v5 when you take a car for MOT. I am not aware the tester has the ability to pull up a copy on his system so am hoping in 3 years time to maybe get away with a Q plate visible smoke test as above given a friendly tester?

Edited as didn't read the op's second post but not sure if he has a Q or not?

Rich

[Edited on 17/11/11 by rb968]

FEZ1025

posted on 18/11/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Just going through this at the minute, the buggy was SVA'd on 2nd March 2009 & registered on an 1985 age related plate on 10th March 2009 both at Nottingham. The donor was a 1985 A series Metro & at the time of the SVA the V5C was used as proof of engine age & therefore was used as the standard for the emissions, which I believe was 3.5% CO2 with 1200ppm HC. Both the V5C & the MAC were surrendered at the time of the registration.

Since then I have fitted a cherished number onto the buggy. Whilst getting one of the other cars MOT's I spoke to the tester, I had purposely taken the V5C with me, as the only information on the V5C stated that the date of 1st registration was 1st March 2009 he said it would have to be tested as a 2009 car. The A series has no chance of doing this.

I emailed VOSA over the matter, their response was it's nothing to do with them I would have to take the matter up with the DVLA & quoted

"Page 6 of Section 7.3 of the Private Passenger and Light Commercial Vehicle
Inspection Manual has an information box in the right hand corner regarding
emissions tests for kit/amateur build cars. Vehicles which had SVA on or
after 1st August 1998 should have the emissions limits stated on the V5C."

They also stated they would not have any details of the test or be able to send a copy of the MAC as they are all destroyed after 18 months.

So whilst at Sheffield DVLA on another matter I brought this up with them, they were totally unhelpful & their best suggestion was not to take the buggy to that MOT station but keep going to others until I found somebody who would test it. Now although I do know a station which is likely to do this, I feel this is a totally unacceptable answer."

I then emailed DVLA who's response was

"It might be helpful if I explain that the vehicle was registered with the details presented at registration at the DVLA Local Office.
Any MOT or SVA certificate enquiries must be submitted to VOSA (address details below):

But then followed it with

"If you believe the CO2 emissions figure was detailed on the SVA certificate, please send the V5C and a covering letter explaining the situation"

So left hand blames right hand, right hand says nothing to do with them, they are only doing what left hand told them to do.

I have as DVLA suggested & written to them & included the V5C this was only done yesterday with a recorded letter, I await the outcome.

Alan...

MikeRJ

posted on 18/11/11 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rb968
Forgive my ignorance here but my newly registered and iva'd Mk Indy has the emissions it was tested at on the notes on the front of the V5 I received.......

But..........

When have you ever presented your v5 when you take a car for MOT. I am not aware the tester has the ability to pull up a copy on his system so am hoping in 3 years time to maybe get away with a Q plate visible smoke test as above given a friendly tester?

If they exist, the emissions limits are automatically pulled back from the DVLA database when the MOT tester enters the number plate into the system.

adithorp

posted on 18/11/11 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

If they exist, the emissions limits are automatically pulled back from the DVLA database when the MOT tester enters the number plate into the system.

In theory... but in practiceit isn't always the case. When I took my Fury for it's first MOT this June, we (me+tester) were interested to see if that was the case. The limits are on my V5 but didn't come up on the MOT system when he logged it on for the test. Yet the limits have come up for others.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.