Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spotify
nick205

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Spotify

Just wanted to share my new found love for Spotify and see if others are enjoying the same experience.

I've always loved music of all kinds and for many years was a keen audiophile. I spent a good deal of time and money on live gigs, records, cds and HiFi. When kids cam along a few years ago this sort of tailed off; lack of space for a decent HiFi set-up, probing little fingers, noisey house (3 kids), lack of spare time, lack of cash etc. all the usual things just meant music took a back seat.

Just recently I've been hooked up to Spotify more and more. It's totally re-invigorated my appetite for music old and new. So much so I'm about to sign-up for the premium service so I can use it on my phone on the move and in the car etc. It's so good being back into music and having it so readily available

The only downside is it's made me start looking at all sorts of IT and HiFi hardware again and planning my ideal multi-room media system...which could be costly

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
yeah been using spotify for a while now and it is great!

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

BenB

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I used to use it a lot until they capped the number of plays on the free version to try and force people into the pay-per-month tariff. Since then I've discovered grooveshark.
Fizzer

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Love it, I've been paying for a year now for the premium version.
It's great to:
A) get most of the music you want, anytime
B) be paying for music, like the good old days*
I just wish they would update the android app, it sucks tbh - (no folders)!!!

* yes, I really don't mind paying for music, and no, I haven't always paid for it

nick205

posted on 11/4/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzer
Love it, I've been paying for a year now for the premium version.
It's great to:
A) get most of the music you want, anytime
B) be paying for music, like the good old days*
I just wish they would update the android app, it sucks tbh - (no folders)!!!

* yes, I really don't mind paying for music, and no, I haven't always paid for it

Ditto - I'm happy to pay for my music too.

Not Anumber

posted on 12/4/12 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
I still have one of the original free accounts with Spotify - no limits but it's interupted every now and again with adverts.

A really great concept that has let me explore several genres of music I would have never thought of listening too otherwise.

Marcus

posted on 12/4/12 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I've been subscribing for 18 months now, got it on my ipod touch - all music available offline (deletes music after 30 days of inactivity, but not a problem yet). I've been listening to allsorts, love the radio function. Got the new Springsteen album and Madonna one too on day of release, for a tenner a month it's hard to beat!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GRRR

posted on 12/4/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure.on Spotify to be honest - yes you can listen to anything you want but if you had a decent work music collection to start with I bet you mostly end up listening to your old stuff. The top lists are full of kids music like Ed Sheeran and Jessie J too. I pay for premium after they capped my original free sub with ads to 5 plays max, and basically at the end of a year, you'll have paid £120 for the priveledge of listening to mostly music you already own, and if you quit spotify you're left with nothing to show for it. Plus you can't listen to music in the car from your phone if you have a usb connection like my car does.
Not Anumber

posted on 12/4/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
...but is that what Audacity is for ?
nick205

posted on 12/4/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
I've been subscribing for 18 months now, got it on my ipod touch - all music available offline (deletes music after 30 days of inactivity, but not a problem yet). I've been listening to allsorts, love the radio function. Got the new Springsteen album and Madonna one too on day of release, for a tenner a month it's hard to beat!

The radio station by artist is one of the features I really like too

Fizzer

posted on 13/4/12 at 05:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GRRR
I bet you mostly end up listening to your old stuff.

Nahhh
Have a look around, there's loads of great new stuff out there that isn't on the radio.

You might not FIND it on spotify but you can get it instantly on spotify.

Here you go, might not be your cup of tea but - some things I had never heard of before spotify:

death cab for cutie
spoon
Gotye
django django
the seal cub clubbing club
owl in the sun
sharks took the rest
Al green
Boy and bear
Pete and the pirates (little death)
frank turner
seasick steve
tv on the radio

So, because you have spotify, now you can download ALL of the above artists and then decide that you like all, none or some of it

in our office we can listen to music, the guy with the Ipod never plays much new music because he has to buy it to listen to it
I've already paid my tenner so I can have what I want!

I've even got white noise and the jungle book soundtrack for me litl'un...

[Edited on 13/4/12 by Fizzer]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.