Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Midtec Spyder
mattymidtec

posted on 28/5/13 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Midtec Spyder

Hi everyone

I have joined the forum as i am getting my Midtec Spyder back on the road and was wondering if anyone remembered them/had one/HAS ONE and would like to share any info or offer advise

She has been sitting in the garage for best part of 10 year and this weekend i finally got her started again.

After a few mishaps including a major fuel leak she was ticking over and starting first time on the nail.

I have to flush the coolent/water system next weekend which will defo include replacing some perished pipes.

Anyway hello and i look forward to chatting to anyone who knows the Midtec or would like to help.

Cheers

Matt

Trev Borg

posted on 21/9/13 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just found your thread while searching for other things.

I have two Midtec Spyders.

One which is road registered, but not actually running at the moment (2.0l renault)
and one never quite finished one with a non running renault V6.

Midtec Spyder owner are usually hard to find, as only 63 were ever sold, but there were 3 on ebay last week. Not sure if yours one one.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

mattymidtec

posted on 23/9/13 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Trev

Great to hear from you.

2 Midtecs!! Your obviously a glutton for punishment.

Im interested to know more about the 2l Renault Engine you have in one of yours (not the v6).

We have a 2l Renault engine in ours as well. After lots of research etc we have managed to find out so much about it.

Our Midtec is pretty much one of the firsts. I have pictures of it from a show etc.

My oldman actually made the bodies so i have quite a keen interest in them and we have been working on ours all summer and finally enjoying the spoils. It was hauled up in the garage for best part of 15 years just sitting there so its been quite a task.

Im trying to touch base with as many Midtec owners as possible.

I did see the 3 on eBay actually, none were mine. I like to think ours looks a little better than those.

We have put a set of modern bucket/race seats in to modernise it and it has a spoiler which was designed by my old man back in the day when he was making the bodies.

Good to hear from you Trev, feel free to email me and we can hopefully swap some gen about the cars.

Trev Borg

posted on 23/9/13 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my road legal one 2 years ago, but have not managed to do a great deal to it. I have had to take out the seats that were in and adapt a set of fibreglass to fit as I am nearly 6'3" and was looking over the top of the screen in the old seats.

I was looking for a midtec for a while and posted on this site asking if anyone had one. About 6 months later, I was contacted by someone offering me theirs. A short trip from Scarborough to South Wales

It had been stood for 5 years as the owner had hurt her back and could no longer use it. It has the renault 2.0l and is currently running a pair of weber carbs. The engine is from a 21 savannah i believe. The sparks are taken car of by an emerald M3D.

I t was built for hill climbs by the previous owner and had a different cam and was running throttle bodies. I intend on putting the throttle bodies back on. Just need to sort out the ecu, get a half cage made and get it MOT'd.

I was offered the midtec a few months later to use a s spares. It has never been completed, but has a renault V6 and UN1 box. Its rough, but would make a nice track day car, with maybe a bike engine in or a audi turbo

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

midtecdave

posted on 22/11/13 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there, I have a black one that I've been rebuilding with a zetec turbo and Renault 21 transaxle. Had mine for about three years now and always seem to have a list of things to modify lol!
I'm in Dorset

MR2

posted on 23/11/13 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Also got 2 midtecs. Both with registration,

One with 4wd twin R1 engines and one with renault 2.0 on webers.
Dont like the body style, so i got a gd t70 body staring at me in my garage,

Need some time to finish both cars, but having even more projects doesnt speed up the proces,

Would stil buy another one if its comes by at the right price though,
chassis could be adapted to build/convert to prettymuch anything,

Gr M

Scubastu

posted on 30/11/13 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Midtec Spyder

I've got one too...my second one!

Built the first one back in 92/93 Chassis number 037M92

The one i have now was the factory demonstrator in 95.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.