Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortx ST170 Powered 206BHP
Demessiah

posted on 28/10/13 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortx ST170 Powered 206BHP

MNR Vortx ST170 Powered 206BHP

Bought this car just over 2 months ago from a guy called Matt on here.

Its been a great car but I just never seem to find the time to drive it and the Mrs now wants to move house so am trying to get a deposit together.

Copied the old advert across as Matt knows far more about this car than me. (sorry)

Everything is the same as when I bought it except I have had the front wings wrapped in carbon and changed the handbrake gaiter and lever and swapped the steering wheel for something more sporty.

Spec:

Chassis #57.
Sierra donor based.
Register new in July 2008 on an 08 plate. Cherished MNR reg currently on it included.

new engine spec as below:

30,000 miles ST170 bottom end, new bolts and bearing throughout, 1800 Zetec flywheel fully lightened & balanced, new water pump, new genuine gaskets bolts etc etc

ST170 cylinder head with a Ian Howells conversion, removed the VVT, new cam wheel pulleys and dowelled to stop spinning, smoothed port matched inlets to manifold & head, exhaust ports expanded, widened and fully smoothed, all VVT oil ways converted all valves fitted & reseated.

Altiss engineering, Zetec inlet manifold fitted to a set of 2007 Hayabussa throttle bodies, bodies have been fully spaced with new fuel connections, throttle bodies have been mounted upside down so no wiring or injectors can be seen, looks very old school, original hayabussa injectors used, the inlet manifold has been matched to the cylinder head inlet ports.

Aluminium RS2000 bellhousing, standard type 9 box.
ASA Custom Stainless Exhaust System
Omex 600 ECU. Mapped by EFI Parts with Narrowband Lambda for fuel economy
Wilwood 4 pot calipers at the front
Xr4i 10" drums at the rear.
Cosworth 3.92 LSD diff with bolt on shafts.
13" Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 with 888's. (brand new rears fitted done 50miles)
Acewell display. Carbon fibre one piece dash. Voltage gauge and water temp in middle of dash.
Bodywork is in generally good condition, there is some cracking to the nose cone round the headlight bar.
I have added a front section to the roll bar to make a full cage, freshly powder coated in march. Its fitted with Racetech mirrors and a Longacre.

New parts fitted feb/march 2013:

New Bosch fuel pump, inline fuel filter, new fuel hoses, FSE Fuel Pressure regulator (binned the cheap Chinese crap)
New rod-ends in rear bottom arms
Rewire of the radiator fan so it's triggered from the ECU
Radiator enclosed to allow better airflow through it
Refurbished starter motor
Re-packed silencer
New silicone water lines and pipework
Gearbox serviced & checked for wear, new oil & rear seal fitted

MOT to March 2014 . (for the MOT i replaced the rear bottom wishbone Rod-End's all 4 of them)

The Car has recently just been dyno'd @ EFI Parts please see this thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=183316

The car made 206bhp and was still making power at 7500rpm (we set the limiter at 7500rpm to be safe)

Im not on this forum much so may not see PM's for a while so if interested please call 07971 810740 or check my advert on ebay

Car is in Leeds Yorkshire

Priced to sell £7000

Pics are from August but the only differences are the new steering wheel, handbrake and carbon wrapped front wings.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Krismc

posted on 28/10/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Coozers old car still doing the rounds. He had too much time on his hands when he bought this.

Your really selling it because it scared you didnt it..?

[Edited on 28/10/13 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

silky16v

posted on 29/10/13 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone wanting to know anything about the car just ask
silky16v

posted on 30/10/13 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Sold Already, someone on here bought it?
femster87

posted on 19/1/14 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Up for sale again on the bay
daveb666

posted on 20/1/14 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Wow. £2.5k price increase in 3 months.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

coozer

posted on 20/1/14 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Unbeleivable...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MNR-Vortx-2-0-Duratec-engine-206bhp-Omex-throttle-bodies-caterham-kit-car-/321301906650?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item 4acf1604da

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Duncan36

posted on 20/1/14 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Surely that's a quite typical price hike for a car that's been bought in PX by a car dealer?

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

Krismc

posted on 21/1/14 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Unbeleivable...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-MNR-Vortx-2-0-Duratec-engine-206bhp-Omex-throttle-bodies-caterham-kit-car-/321301906650?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item 4acf1604da

Thats about right for you old car... heres mine for sale..... http://www.tvr-hhc.co.uk/UsedCars/view/497205

[Edited on 21/1/14 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

pt racer

posted on 23/1/14 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
7000 or £9500 ??

thanks

markmcc21

posted on 16/2/14 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Guys whats a realistic price to pay for this? been talking to the dealer and he says hes selling it for a friend I made an offer which im not sure if im allowed to disclose but what would be a decent price to pay for this and drive away as it is (no warranty etc).

Cheers.

Matt21

posted on 16/2/14 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
well someone bought it for £7k 3months ago..... I would point this out to him and offer him 7, maybe 7.5
markmcc21

posted on 16/2/14 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Matt, i know £7k for this back then was probably a right bargain and id imagine what your advising is the route im going to take if i ring him back up.

thanks.

Matt21

posted on 16/2/14 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
putting a value on a car is hard really, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it basically.

3months isn't that long ago, and a £2.5k increase?!
but then someone may see it and think its worth the money and just buy it.

myself, I always make a stupidly low insulting offer, then you can work your way up. if you offered £9000 and he said yes straight away then youll always know he would have accepted less, but you cant then turn around and reduce your offer

have you seen the other mnr for sale on here? just a couple of threads below

markmcc21

posted on 16/2/14 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh iv seen them and been chatting to the owners. Going to make plans for a road trip to view some next wk and I may view this "dodgy" priced red one too! Funny how you say accepting the first offer cos the guy said yes to mine but that's not through the dealer. I Shouldv offered a little less now!

Thanks for the advice Matt hopefully ul see me on here next wk with new car soon!

JoelP

posted on 16/2/14 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Regarding offers, if you don't feel cheeky then you are offering too much. Always go in low!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Matt21

posted on 16/2/14 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
feel cheeky? i always feel down right rude with my offers

if you have a new car next week you'll havta get out for a blast when mines in one piece again

markmcc21

posted on 16/2/14 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a plan matt. Ur not too far from where I live. Roads round there are great too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.