Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Kt Car Reviews - MK Indy Video
Nash

posted on 14/2/14 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Kt Car Reviews - MK Indy Video

Morning All.

Well I've done a video review of my Indy. Hope you like it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2nincr4Qs

As ever constructive critique and comments welcome

.....................Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

pekwah1

posted on 14/2/14 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, i'll start!

First off, really well made video, was a good watch!
In terms of what you are trying to achieve through the video confuses me slightly.

You have labelled this as an "MK Indy Review", I see it more as your experience with an MK indy if that makes sense.
For a review of the car, i would personally have liked to see comparisons to other MK indys, or other 7 type kits.
Maybe talk about what the car is like in terms of driving in different weather conditions and roads, you talked about staying warm in winter, but what about summer, what about handling etc on different terrain?

I think this is a really good video for someone thinking of getting/building an indy, full of information.

As a "review", maybe too much about the build of the car, maybe wants more about the driving and compliancy?
And at 17mins long, is not a quick watch if someone wants to watch a quick review!

Regardless, again, nice video and good work!

Ps. hope this doesn't come across too negative

Nash

posted on 14/2/14 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,
No not negative at all. Its exactly what I'm looking for. If I'd wanted only sickafantic applause I would have asked a different question.

Did you sell your wheels BTW?

Thanks for the feedback.

.............Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

jeffw

posted on 14/2/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest Neil, the Black Helmet/googles etc while talking to camera puts me off, I need to see the presenters face/mouth while delivering a piece to camera (even your ugly mug )

Also the Lotus piece doesn't match the style of the later segment (for obvious reasons) and I think you could have cut it significantly and still made the same point although I think you need to explain further the link between Chapman and the MK Indy.

jeffw

posted on 14/2/14 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
To expand on my response....I realise this is a million times better than anything I could do and these criticism are of a friendly, if you did it this way it would be better nature.

Ian Jones

posted on 14/2/14 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
hi what make are your Black Helmet/googles please
jeffw

posted on 14/2/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Star Wars licensed products

Ian Jones

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Star Wars licensed products

any links to them please?

mjb199

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was a very entertaining video. I enjoyed watching it.

As you've racked up alot of miles it would have been good if you had elaborated on the driving experience a little more. If you've driven other kit cars how the driving experience compares to those.

Also for my interest you mention in the video you had it professionally set up. How was the driving experience before and after you had this done? Did you notice a significant difference in the handling, stability etc?

Not Anumber

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Very good from start to finish. well chosen content and close to TV quality presentation values.

Nash

posted on 14/2/14 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Jones
hi what make are your Black Helmet/googles please

Hi Ian,
The Helmet is a Shark Streetfighter. Its comes all as one:

http://www.motolegends.com/helmets/shark-streetfighter-helmet-matt-black.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=product&gc lid=CLuqj77gy7wCFSgKwwodbj0Axg

HTH's......................Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

Nash

posted on 14/2/14 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjb199
I thought it was a very entertaining video. I enjoyed watching it.

As you've racked up alot of miles it would have been good if you had elaborated on the driving experience a little more. If you've driven other kit cars how the driving experience compares to those.

Also for my interest you mention in the video you had it professionally set up. How was the driving experience before and after you had this done? Did you notice a significant difference in the handling, stability etc?

Point taken re the driving experience. Maybe another video

Regarding the set up. The key difference for me between "before & after" was balance and stability. The balance mostly due to corner weighting. The car responded to input better. It feels smoother in transition if that makes sense.

The stability bit for me shows itself as how the car feels on the road. It feels planted and the steering doesn't feel skittish. The early Indy chassis suffered from bump steer and I feel a real difference with the car set up correctly in that I don't get bump steer until much later in the "bump" if you see what I mean.

HTH's..................Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

Matt21

posted on 14/2/14 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Nash, at 6:55 on the video, where did you get the bag from that sits on the back end?
bought or made?
looks like a great idea for extra storage when touring!

(still watching the video)

Nash

posted on 14/2/14 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Ok, i'll start!

First off, really well made video, was a good watch!
In terms of what you are trying to achieve through the video confuses me slightly.

You have labelled this as an "MK Indy Review", I see it more as your experience with an MK indy if that makes sense.
For a review of the car, i would personally have liked to see comparisons to other MK indys, or other 7 type kits.
Maybe talk about what the car is like in terms of driving in different weather conditions and roads, you talked about staying warm in winter, but what about summer, what about handling etc on different terrain?

I think this is a really good video for someone thinking of getting/building an indy, full of information.

As a "review", maybe too much about the build of the car, maybe wants more about the driving and compliancy?
And at 17mins long, is not a quick watch if someone wants to watch a quick review!

Regardless, again, nice video and good work!

Ps. hope this doesn't come across too negative

Matt, its from Soft bits for Sevens. Matches all the other soft fittings, half doors, toureau, boot cover. Its a custom extra deep one. It locks to the rollcage and shapes around it. Real tadis as carries everything two people need for a road trip.

We are (my son and I) planning two big road trips this year, European 5 dayer and a 10 day trip to the Arctic Circle and everything we need will go in the bag.

hth's.......... Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

bobinspain

posted on 16/2/14 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nash
Morning All.

Well I've done a video review of my Indy. Hope you like it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2nincr4Qs

As ever constructive critique and comments welcome

.....................Neil

Neil, I like the "Buckle up ----Adventure calls."
Puts me in mind of a Steven Wright gag.
---I like picking up hitch-hikers. After about five minutes I say, "tighten your seatbelt, I wanna try something.---I've seen it done in a cartoon.----I think I can pull it off."

skipton

posted on 22/2/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Amazing video!!

The helmet is fantastic. I am going to buy it to replace my old Sparco helmet.
Here in Italy (but also in the rest of Europe) the helmet is called Shark Raw and costs about 190 euros.

Nash, is the Shark comfortable in the Indy with aeroscreen?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.