New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 Qualifying Now Finished
jollygreengiant

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
F1 Qualifying Now Finished

As per title.

Certainly sounds different.

[Edited on 15/3/14 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
OH dear, poor old Seb Vetel, didn't make it out of Q2 only P12.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Well, that was interesting, but I wont spoil it for others who might want to watch it later. Apart from Vettel having to start from 13th that is.

[Edited on 15/3/14 by jollygreengiant]

GRRR

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
That was good fun in Q3, pleased for Ricciardo but cars sound terrible. Haha Vettel
karlak

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Cars need the "volume" turned up.

Good to see them more skittish though

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/3/14 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
I have £20 quid on Ricardo to finish in the top 3 at the end of the season. Looking good so far

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

SteveWallace

posted on 15/3/14 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
The lack of noise is going to take a bit of getting used to, but I did notice that the cars are now so quiet that you can hear the tires squeal when the wheels lock up. Given the potential reliability issues, it'll be interesting to see how many finish tomorrow.
rusty nuts

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Cars are too quite, but at least you could hear the fans cheering when Vettel only got 12th place
jollygreengiant

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Cars are too quite, but at least you could hear the fans cheering when Vettel only got 12th place

Errm, I don't know what you were watching, but it's worse than that. 13th place.

scudderfish

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts

Errm, I don't know what you were watching, but it's worse than that. 13th place.

He qualified 13th, but Bottas (I think) got a penalty that dropped him below Vettel.

craig1410

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I think the cars sound great! Yes, maybe the microphones around the track need to be calibrated a bit for the reduction in decibels but the actual sound is lovely IMHO. A nice throaty growl rather than the usual whine. It's like Tina Turner taking over from Mariah Carey. The fact you can also hear the tyres working and locking up is good as well.

Apart from that, it's good to see the cars squirming around and having to be "driven" again. They've been way too planted in recent years and the reliability has been too high. This is supposed to be the cutting edge of motoring technology which should mean we see regular technical failures as the teams find the limits of what can be done and what can't.

Qualifying was very interesting but I suspect the race tomorrow will be doubly interesting as the fuel and tyre strategies are revealed and as the reliability is tested. As an Alonso fan I hope he can come through to a good result but to be honest I'll be happy as long as he and Kimi finish in the points with ideally one or both on the podium. Kimi seems to be struggling so that seems unlikely but never count him out. Fernando seems to be able to handle the car better and should be strong on the "thinking" aspect of this new formula but we'll see. I was sorry to see Ricciardo miss out on pole but not sorry to see Vettel with some challenges. Nothing against Vettel but I'm interested to see how he handles having a less than dominant car. I feel sorry for Lotus too - looks like their financial struggles from last year have come back to haunt them.

I for one will be watching live tomorrow, especially as my Sky box let me down this morning and didn't record properly. I had to watch the replay instead on my iPad.

Come on Alonso!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.