Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's my MK Indy worth?
John.Taylor

posted on 5/4/14 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
What's my MK Indy worth?

Pending a house move from a double to a single garage later this year I’m looking for an idea as to what my MK Indy is worth as a whole and what it is worth in parts if I break it?

Single donor was a 1989 Sierra 2.0i (205 block Pinto, gearbox, diff, brakes) which I still retain the title to (SORN’d) allowing age related plate it IVA'd.

Build started in July 2006 with a full MK Indy kit plus red bodywork (cost £2,368.00) including:

Indy chassis, optional upgraded rear roll bar, optional chassis powder coating, wishbones, mushroom inserts, uprights, polyurethane bush set, nuts and bolts, adjustable shocks absorbers, springs, pedal set, new steering rack with quick rack, modified front hubs, modified prop shaft, modified steering column, floor panel and red/black fibreglass kit.

Engine was fully rebuilt by Component Engineering of Hapton (cost £1,258.70) including:

Strip and clean head and block in acid bath and with steam lance, fit new bronze guides, centre cam bearing, re-cut valves and seats, mild porting and polishing, re-surface face, re-assemble head including new Kent FR34K cam and vernier pulley. Re-bore cylinders, fit new KS pistons, fit new rod buttons, fit new big end bearings, polish crank, fit new oil pump drive, fit new water pump, rebuild with new gaskets, fit head with new head bolts, cut out and reposition oil filler at back of cam cover. Paint engine in 2-pack red, supply and fit serpentine belt kit, set timing and vernier, supply and fit new AP racing clutch and cover plates, machine lighten and balance flywheel.

Gearbox and differential were cleaned, checked for wear/damage and filled with new oils at my local garage at a cost of £82.36
Gearbox quick shift kit fitted at a cost of £36.73
New Westfield gearbox mount cost £12.85
New CV boots cost £67.56

Sierra brake calipers rebuilt by Biggred at a cost of £109.00
New master cylinder cost £89.13
Goodridge stainless braided flexible hoses cost £58.63

Aluminium lockable aero fuel cap & neck cost £80.00
MK petrol tank with build in swirl pot and return Efi connection cost £150.00
Stainless steel 4-1 exhaust cost £350.00
Polo radiator and new slim electric fan cost £57.48

Hella LED rear lights cost £324.00
7" front lights cost £125.00
Indicators cost £16.00
Premier Wiring Loom cost £115.00

Interior finished with Triton High Side seats cost £295.00
Sabelt 4 point harnesses cost £85.00
Acewell 3250 instruments cost £115.95
Carbon effect mirrors cost £60.00

17”alloy wheels with Falken tyres cost £450.00

Total cost excluding fixings, fastenings, odds & sods, etc. £6,306.39

Build completed in April 2009 (yes I took my time) ready for one of the last SVA slots which it failed when the hall effect distributor packed in!

I replaced the distributor but didn’t get around to re-testing it as I had a daughter shortly after, so used it as a track day car until 2011 when the original Sierra fuel pump packed in at Blyton Park.

I intended to replace it with a Facet pump but never got around to it, instead using my BMW 325i on track days - it's going too to be replaced my an E46 M3!!

I have some spares including a Ford ECU, electronic distributor and new red MK Indy bonnet with bulge which I picked up when planning throttle bodies.

Photo’s of the build can be seen in my profile.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

sdh2903

posted on 5/4/14 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
I know you probably already know this but you would recoup a fair bit more if you put it through an Iva and registration.

Ive seen a few pinto engined Indys (registered) sell for anywhere from 4.5k up to 7k. At a rough estimate I would say £3-4k as a ball park figure.

John.Taylor

posted on 5/4/14 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
That's just the thing, time is more valuable to me than the money at the moment - I'd love to have put it through the IVA but having two children got in the way

I haven't been on Locostbuilders for some times don't know what the market is like for parts. Would it all sell if broken up and what's a reasonable expectation against the original cost? 50%, 60% more/less?

brookie

posted on 5/4/14 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
interested in seats could I have photo and price
John.Taylor

posted on 7/4/14 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to everyone who has U2U'd about parts, I hope I've got back to everyone but just to confirm that I won't be breaking it at the moment whilst there is interest for it as a whole.
Not Anumber

posted on 7/4/14 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I sold my pinto engined Indy for £ 4300 a couple of weeks ago.

The engine was the limiting factor on value. When mine was built (2004) the pinto engine was a popular choice but with MK having promoted the car in race series over the last yew years it's changed people's expectations and now everyone seems to expect an Indy to have some kind of foreign moped engine.

John.Taylor

posted on 19/4/14 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Bump, still for sale.

Sorry for putting people off on U2U but the person wanting to buy has cancelled coming up North for the second weekend in a row now!

Had agreed on £3k but to avoid any more timewasting first £2,750 takes it.

Very little work needed if you wanted to IVA it as is, or good base for a BEC as the Sierra bits already sourced and as has been pointed out to me, good Pinto engines & type 9's are fetching more and more on ebay due to scarcity.

alfas

posted on 20/4/14 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
a mate bought an indy around a year ago...with toyota AGE engine, age related plate, fresh mot for 3500,-
John.Taylor

posted on 20/4/14 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Been sent links and done some searching myself and haven't seen anything that low.

At the moment the Indy starter kit is £4k, the cheapest completed BEC's seem to be £5k and the cheapest CEC's £6k.

CosKev3

posted on 20/4/14 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a bargain to me at £2750!

If I hadn't all ready bought my project I would have had this

alfiebeard

posted on 20/4/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I agree,

Its a very cheap way to go and have a lot of fun.

Alfie

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.