Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Adjustable steering wheel / column ?
Chet

posted on 21/4/14 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Adjustable steering wheel / column ?

I have a J15 with a windshield. I initially used a very small steering wheel for clearance but would now like to find a better solution.

Ideally I'd like to be able to adjust both the height and length of the overall steering column / wheel due to different drivers.
I also use a Flatshifter Max with paddles so can't utilize some of the stock tilt / telescopic columns available here in the USA due to their large diameter.

I don't mind changing the entire column / wheel setup if necessary.

Can anyone share their potential solutions or suitable products ?

Thanks
Chet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 21/4/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
What is thd current column? IIRC there were sierra adjustable columns, but just for rake IIRC.

Mistral Motorsport

rdodger

posted on 21/4/14 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Length you could do with an adjustable steering wheel spacer?

OZDan

posted on 7/5/14 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
I am v.slowly assembling a J15 and am currently looking at the steering. I am planning to use a mk7 Fiesta steering column which is height and reach adjustable, and also comes with electric power steering (which you could leave disconnected or remove if you wanted). I have had to remove the diagonal brace from the chassis that passes beneath the steering column (the electric motor is a big sucker) but will replace this later when the new column is in place. Unfortunately I am only part way through this so can't say it will be successful.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.