Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Van insurance
nick-york

posted on 7/2/18 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Van insurance

Hi just got my van insurance renewal quote!! Last year it was £520 .This year it's gone up to £590 !! .It's for my Vauxhall vivaro 2007 .I ve got about 12 years or more ncd. If it had gone up ten or fifteen quid I'd of thought oh well and renewed. But 70 is ridiculous. I'm gonna spend hours on the comparison websites till I get a better deal ! Is this kind of increase normal at the moment?anybody else had large increases for no apparent reason ?
starterman

posted on 7/2/18 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Our increase was £110 which was from £260 to £370. Got a new deal through confused.com for £226 still through budget. Bit of a joke really.
nick-york

posted on 7/2/18 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
Our increase was £110 which was from £260 to £370. Got a new deal through confused.com for £226 still through budget. Bit of a joke really.
That was a big increase! I've got quite a few extras on my policy but I'm going to have a thorough sort out on that .I'm insured with budget as well .

ianhurley20

posted on 8/2/18 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
My friend has just insured his Renault Master for £126 with Direct Line - one other quote was 500 +

nick205

posted on 8/2/18 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Phone the insurer up and belly ache about the increase. I've done it before and they often reduce the renewal price simply for the effort of calling them. Failing that search online for lower prices and consider a new insurer.
luke2152

posted on 8/2/18 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
If your job doesn't fit neatly into any of the catogories it pays to try a few and see what fits best. Can make quite a difference. Obviously don't pick anything you can't justify.
nick-york

posted on 8/2/18 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well I've been on some comparison websites and got a quote for £350.That's with protected ncd .Also legal aid cover and excesses similar to my previous policy .That's a saving of about £240 !!! Well chuffed ! Insurance quotes seem to vary enormously. I think you've just got to shop around each year or stick with the same one and get ripped off ! I don't think budget would power their quote by over £200 so I wouldn't waste my time trying .Cheers everybody .
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 15/2/18 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick-york
Hi just got my van insurance renewal quote!! Last year it was £520 .This year it's gone up to £590 !! .It's for my Vauxhall vivaro 2007 .I ve got about 12 years or more ncd. If it had gone up ten or fifteen quid I'd of thought oh well and renewed. But 70 is ridiculous. I'm gonna spend hours on the comparison websites till I get a better deal ! Is this kind of increase normal at the moment?anybody else had large increases for no apparent reason ?

Hi,
Unfortunately insurance has increased substantially over the last 12 months. The reasons have been widely published in the press so no real point going over them again but glad you managed to obtain a reasonable quote for this year.
Regards,
Dan.

Simon

posted on 15/2/18 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well Dan I think that depends who you go through.

Having got a quote from Flux about a Plaxton Mini Pointer bus (for private use) and a quote of circa £600, I went elsewhere and got a quote of £184.

Simon

nick-york

posted on 25/2/18 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Today was the day I had to cancel my old insurance policy before the new one starts tomorrow.well I was in for a bit of a shock !The bloke was very pleasant and helpful .well he asked me what I'd been quoted from another insurer .Then he said he would see what he could do .Well he gave me a quote for only £242 !!!! that's less than half of his renewal quote of £590 !!! I told him I could not understand how a quote could possibly be so different .He said that it was with different underwriters and since my original renewal quote was done a few weeks ago things had changed at the insurance company .meaning different underwriters offering different policies I assume .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.