Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ECU for supercharged engine info?
CraigJ

posted on 14/8/18 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
ECU for supercharged engine info?

I'm Slowly collecting parts leading up to winter to do a supercharger conversion on my 1.8 Zetec black top Westfield.

Most parts are sorted but i'm unsure of what ECU to use.

It looks to be between Omex 600 and megesquirt.

The Omex looks to do exactly what i need it to and it can also control the water injection as i wont be running an inter cooler. The info on the website for the 600 seems like it will do perfect but it is a lot more costly by the time i have added the loom i'm looking at £800/900 and the megasquirt is half the price.

The Megasquirt also will do the job but i can't find out if it can control water injection from there website. info for the zetec is a bit limited on the website.

also Lambda, narrow or wide band?

Who runs megasquirt on a forced induction engine here, were there any problems setting it up?

theduck

posted on 14/8/18 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
The omex doesnt inclue a MAP sensor either, so you will need to add that. Also, pretty sure the omex doesnt truly control water injection, but can have a switchable output that can allow you to turn it on and off and if thats the case then a megasquirt2 (which I assume is what you are looking at?could do the same.

I run a megasquirt 2 on my turbo pinto and have been very happy with it.

oh and definitely wideband. Personally I use a spartan2 from extra efi

[Edited on 14/8/18 by theduck]

froggy

posted on 14/8/18 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I’m running microsquirt on my twin turbo v8 , had no issues getting it to run and got the map good enough to drive after a few hrs . Micro is ms2 based and I run a W/I set up triggered by a combination of air temp and boost . I’d recommend ms if your going to fit it yourself there’s just so much online support from other diy users you can’t go wrong

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Tazzzzman1

posted on 14/8/18 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Ran a Canems on my Supercharged 1.8 MX5 roadrunner Sr2.....awesome bit of kit
CraigJ

posted on 16/8/18 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply's guys.

I had a chat with trigger wheels and they confirmed that it will be able to switch on and of the water injection.

theduck

posted on 16/8/18 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Id avoid a microsquirt - i assume thats what you are looking at if talking to trigger wheels - as with a boosted setup with water injection, you are going to find yourself out of inputs and outputs very quickly. Speak to phil at extraefi and get a full megasquirt2, much more flexibility than a micro.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.