Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VIN Number Stamp Confirmation
K19

posted on 10/4/19 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
VIN Number Stamp Confirmation

Just got sent my VIN today by the DVLA, it had the following section on it.

IMPORTANT
To facilitate registration it is necessary for the dealer/garage to confirm that the VIN has
been stamped or permanently embossed on the vehicle. Please ensure this letter is
authorised below by the dealer/garage and returned to Kits & Rebuilds , D4, DVLA,
Swansea SA99 1ZZ. REGISTRATION WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL THE
DVLA RECEIVES THIS CONFIRMATION.

I'm not quite sure what this means, surely during my upcoming IVA they will asses the stamps/plate and confirm accordingly? Is it referring to the registration of the vehicle post IVA, or registration of the VIN to the vehicle I've claimed it to me.

Also. when filling out the forms, what should I be registering the car as. Its chassis is built based on the Haynes Manual, so its Haynes Roadster, or a Locost? Its also got multiple parts from MK and I bought the part built project as a MK Locost, so I'm not entirely sure what to do.

James

I have no idea what I'm doing.

theduck

posted on 10/4/19 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Can ignore that bit, its not relevant to kit registration. Had the same on mine.
K19

posted on 10/4/19 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Can ignore that bit, its not relevant to kit registration. Had the same on mine.

Thanks! assume it for people changing their VIN.

Next is to try and ensure I get an age related plate, and that its an amateur build, as I'm lacking a few receipts :/

theduck

posted on 10/4/19 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I sent off very few receipts and was fine. Photos of build are more important I think. As for age related plate, the big thing is proof of newness of chassis which needs receipt that states new.
40inches

posted on 10/4/19 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I went for a Q plate, although I could have had an age related plate, it makes things far simpler come MOT time
theduck

posted on 10/4/19 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Makes very little at mot time now, emissions standard for mot is set at Iva, even for Q plates.
G13BLocost

posted on 11/4/19 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Side question:

Getting a VIN. Is this all you need to do pre-IVA, before you submit your request for an IVA?

The process is not very clear and quite convoluted, so I am trying to write a simplified thread for people who are new to registering a car.

Cheers,
Josh

My Locost blog: ogilvietacing.com

K19

posted on 11/4/19 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
I sent off very few receipts and was fine. Photos of build are more important I think. As for age related plate, the big thing is proof of newness of chassis which needs receipt that states new.

Ahh, pictures are also a bit of an issue, the project has been knocking around and changed hands a few times, so I have limited pictures of the original heavy lifting to fit the major parts.

quote:
Originally posted by G13BLocost
Side question:

Getting a VIN. Is this all you need to do pre-IVA, before you submit your request for an IVA?

The process is not very clear and quite convoluted, so I am trying to write a simplified thread for people who are new to registering a car.

Cheers,
Josh

As for this, I believe getting the VIN is the only process requirement pre IVA, its the first thing they check on arrival I believe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.