Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car insurance playing games, help
Moorron

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Car insurance playing games, help

Hi guys sorry to type this here but im about to go crazy and need some advice, not kitcar related but might help some other when claiming on their car insurance.

Its a long story, Wife was hit by an artic truck at a set of light on a large island with 2 lanes here in Telford. Other driver admitted he couldnt see her below his window and looking at the layout he was attempting to change lanes when the lights went green and hit my wifes car as she was waiting in the que. He was nice and waiting for me to attend.

Our insurance took details and said it was hit fualt, i agreed. They gave us the option of using their managemnt company and it meant we didnt have to pay and then reclaim the access. First time i have done this but sounded fine so went with it.

This company got me to take the car for an estimate, i did so quickly and knew it would be written off but either way i asked to keep the car as a cat C (un economical to repair but safe to use). The would then give me £2400. This was all done within a few days but now 9 months later i am still waiting. Using the damaged car as is (I didn't want hire car) and no injuries claimed).

I have complained to the management company for not asnwering my emails to why its taken so long, their investigation basically said tought luck its how it works. Recently they have now said the 3rd party insurance are stating new evidence and want to settle 50/50 and i should get the rest from my insurance. I disagreed, asked for this new evidence but they havent done anything else after this, no contact.

I have just made a complaint to my insurance, claiming i am getting no where with their management company and their reply is 'nothing to do with us'.

I have no idea what to do now, the claims company wont give me the 3rd party insurance details, or evidence, my own insurance dont want to do anything. I have complained in writing to both and this is a dead end. Im stuck in a no win situation.

The other problem i have is the paperwork show me as the driver! never have we said i was there at the time of the accident but if its recorded on the insurance database my insurance will be going up on all 4 cars i own. My insurance say i need to contact the 3rd party insurance to clear this but guess what? I cant durr

Can anyone help?

[Edited on 19/7/19 by Moorron]

[Edited on 19/7/19 by Moorron]

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

Moorron

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add, I have thought about finding the drivers insurance company as I have his and his companies details (Veolia) but we are terrified the claims management company will bill us there costs (which I now know is why they get involved, as a non fault claim they can whack a stupid sized bill at the 3rd party insurance who are 100% at fault and they make a huge amount of money for next to no work).

This is why I think the 3rd party insurance is now trying to wiggle out of admitting fault. So my wife's accident is being used as a reason to rip each other off and we are stuck in the middle, with a knackered car and the risk of my insurance going up.

Lesson learnt.

My wife is upset about this, unlike me who is raging about it all.

perksy

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear this and sadly Insurance issues only come to light when a claim is made

Might it be worth trying the insurance ombudsman for help/advice ?

Benzine

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
Might it be worth trying the insurance ombudsman for help/advice ?

Yeah good idea. Worth just phoning them to pick their brains and asking for advice.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
miskit

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Kindertons by any chance ? Having been in a similar situation - have to say they were great to us, but the car hire charges and who knows what else they slapped on the other party's insurance were eye watering, plus asking 3 or 4 times if we were sure we didn't want to claim for injury... At the end of the day it puts all of our insurance up.
I also heard back that the 3rd party's insurers were kicking off about the amount they were charging.
Ombudsman is your first stop.

AlexXtreme

posted on 19/7/19 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Agree to above - try the insurance ombudsman. My brother had a problem with an insurance claim (very different to yours though) but found them very helpful / useful.
T66

posted on 19/7/19 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Dont suppose you have legal cover on any other insurance policies you hadnt thought of ? Are you in a work group insurance scheme for example, they often have legal cover expenses included.

cliftyhanger

posted on 20/7/19 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Bit late, but I would avoid a claims management company at all costs. They are there solely to screw the other insurance company for as many fees as possible, and they like the "you won't get your excess back" lie to coerce you.
Last 2 claims I have had have been while stationary.

Both times dealt directly with the other insurance company, who are very efficient as it keeps their costs down. Often to a fraction of what claims companies charge (£200 a day for a £50 hire car is common...) Both times I had settlement cheques within 2 weeks. Plus my wife got whiplash on one, they paid for private doctors and 6 months of physio, plus a fair (not excessive) compensation is to cover loss of work time, transport etc etc

Can you just sack the claims company, and go direct to the other company?

Moorron

posted on 24/7/19 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for all the supporting comments guys.

I think I have learnt my lesson now. It seems the insurance scams are also conducted my the companies themselves.

The issue I have with the management company and sacking them off (which is what I really want) will mean I am liable for all their costs and we all know they will be extortionate.

I am now finally being contacted by my insurance and will post back when they achieve something good. I will then contact the 3rd party insurance as instructed by my insurance (so bypassing the management company) to clear my name as the driver, I can then dig for more Info from them to see what's going on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.