Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine cutting out
aliwizard

posted on 5/8/19 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
engine cutting out

hi all back to try and fix this intermittent cutting out on my 1998 zzr1100,ok starting from basics ,sierra ignition barrel ,battery isolator on ,I have 12.5 volts at red wire number 30 ,first position on ignition barrel 12.5 volts on yellow wire no number on sierra barrel ,second position with key, 9 volts at blue and black wire number 50,12.5 volts from yellow black wire number 15 thoughts ,not shore why I have 9 volts from blue black wire ,cheers
russbost

posted on 6/8/19 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Without knowing exactly which ZZR1100 (C, D etc. & whether it's European or import etc.) or you supplying the correct wiring diagram for the particular engine you have then you are going to be banginging your head against a brick wall for any assistance as we would all just be guessing!

The colours you mention don't seem to tie in much with the ZZR1100 colours I've come across, for instance blue black is normally a feed to the rad fan, wouldn't expect to see that up at the ignition switch, are you sure you don't mean black blue which would be feed to fuel pump & if fuel pump has kicked in might well be down at 9V as it would be drawing current & dragging voltage down. Are the terminal no.'s you're using from the sierra switch or what - this is an absolutely minefield from the info given so far

Also, I seem to recall this topic coming up b4 & the engine running for a while then stopping, is this the intermittent cutting out you're referring to?

What do you do to get it to restart, does it cut dead or does it gradually peter out

We need a massive amount more (accurate!) info if we are to be able to help

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.